Introduce yourself

Started by Davoo, January 06, 2010, 11:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mushyrulez

Hello jivan, welcome to the forums... again >_>

Arkatox

It gave me the 120 day warning. That mean I shouldn't post?

Oh, screw it.

I'm Arkie, and I'm another person addicted to indie games. So that there's no confusion in the future, I'm 14. People on forums have mistaken me to be much older or much younger than I actually am, so yeah.

Love readin', writin', gamin', and FaceBookin'.

But heck no I don't play those dumb FaceBook games, even though I'm always on FaceBook. I only go on to talk with friends that I hardly ever see in real life and that I don't talk with on forums.

Anyway, I am here! ;D

And I'm waiting and waiting for a sequel to VVVVVV. :'( It's an addiction.

GLaDOS V.3

hey i'm me and i wanna make video games but don't know how :'(

Robson

Quote from: GLaDOS V.3 on August 15, 2011, 09:58:31 PM
hey i'm me and i wanna make video games but don't know how :'(
A good start would be to make a level for VVVVVV or Knytt Stories. There's several reasons for this, such as:

These editors have a lot of flexibility, so there's a wide range of ideas you can use.
No programming knowledge required.
The audience already exists.
Plenty of other levels available for inspiration and understanding.
You can spend as much or as little time as you like.

It's better to start slowly and have something to show, rather than starting with a massive project that ultimately fails. Trust me, I know!

You can also learn a lot from playing games and giving feedback.

When you venture into making your own games, I would recommend releasing versions as soon as possible. This is because feedback and suggestions from people are extremely valuable and encouraging. I only had an overall goal with my current project, so all the feedback I'm getting is dictating the direction. People come up with ideas that are far better than anything I could imagine. Sharing ideas before implementing them is a great way to improve them, because people will say they like/dislike different aspects and give suggestions. So the ideas are improved and no time has been wasted.

Above all though, never neglect the other parts of your life in the pursuit of making games. Especially as some of the best games were created from personal experiences. Friends, family and work/school are more important than making games.

Terry

GLaDOS V.3

A good start would be to make a level for VVVVVV or -snip-[/quote]
i did.. look what happened.
http://distractionware.com/forum/index.php?topic=511.0

LaZ00L1

Hi there!  My name's Catie and I have to represent the female demographic here.   :verdigris: I go by LaZ00L1 (pronounced as in lapis lazuli) here and on Steam, so feel free to friend me on there.  :viridian:  I write a small gaming blog that I probably should update more often if my job didn't get in the way of playing more videogames.  :vermillion:  I'm trying to recreate the NES Metroid in the VVVVVV level editor, and the development time for that may very well compete with Duke Nukem.  :vitellary:

And I tend to overuse smilies a bit, especially dancing Kirby.  <(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Ok, I'm done.

GLaDOS V.3

Quote from: LaZ00L1 on August 16, 2011, 10:53:05 PM
Hi there!  My name's Catie and I have to represent the female demographic here.   :verdigris: I go by LaZ00L1 (pronounced as in lapis lazuli) here and on Steam, so feel free to friend me on there.  :viridian:  I write a small gaming blog that I probably should update more often if my job didn't get in the way of playing more videogames.  :vermillion:  I'm trying to recreate the NES Metroid in the VVVVVV level editor, and the development time for that may very well compete with Duke Nukem.  :vitellary:

And I tend to overuse smilies a bit, especially dancing Kirby.  <(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Ok, I'm done.
hai...

PJBottomz

I guess I should introduce myself too...

Hi there! I'm PJBottomz! Some of you might know me from Youtube (TDIBattler, AudacityKidVoices, PJBottomz...). I'm 14 (just so people understand this) and I love Ke$ha songs. I'm trying to be as helpful as I can while also bringing a bit of humour to the forums! So, enjoy my presense (or hate it, your choice!)

DANCE LITTLE KIRBY!

(>^_^)> <(^_^)> <(^_^<)  <(^_^)>  (^_^)
                                                             V     V

FlamingBanana

Heyas there, I'm a banana on fire.

...Not much more to say about my life.

Dispensers Heal

I'm the guy who abuses the living hell out of the marquee code.

I also an willing to give trolls the Middle Finger Salute if one enters the forums.

Oh, and:

:verdigris:I told ya, I abuse the living hell outta this thing!   :shiny: :viridian:La la la la la, Trinkkkkkket.

xTwoTails

WELCOME ! *ahem*

I'm that furry fox everyone seems to like around here~ 
You may have seen me around for a while and always pointing at PJ with floating spikes in his sleep~
Anyways, I'm a video game journalist , I like playing games and creating VVVVVV levels... until I learn how to Script more properly lawl

*ahem*

Hai! 83

Martze

I am 23 and I'm a recent college graduate working as a programmer in Seattle.

I love VVVVVV and I bought it shortly before the Steam release. I was perfectly happy to pay $15 for the game, but I hesitated to recommend it to my friends while it cost that much. When the price dropped, I went ahead and did just that. I wouldn't say it spread like wildfire, but I definitely got a few dozen people into the game.

SoulEye

That's cool! BUT WE WANT WILDFIRE, WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THE WILDFIRE THING, WHAT KIND OF A PERSON DOES NOT DO THE WILDFIRE THING!?

;)

Dispensers Heal