Adventure Incoming Released! (News: BETA 1.2.1 released.)

Started by Valso22, January 16, 2017, 03:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

i don't use this site anymore, please don't look at my posts

Quote from: Valso22 on January 16, 2017, 03:24:04 AM
Hello! I just released a new map called [Adventure Incoming] I was TOO LAZY to make an long map so i created the demo Here is the link   :http://adf.ly/1i9YPf

Hey, uh, we would appreciate it if you didn't use adfly on such small forums like these. It doesn't really make sense. I'll be happy to give your level a review but I don't feel like going to adfly and risking getting a virus.  :victoria:

QwertymanO07

Two questions:
1. Are you at all like the user LittleMac347?
2. If not, is this your very first foray into level creation?

Valso22

Quote from: Vultarix on January 16, 2017, 03:40:52 AM
Quote from: Valso22 on January 16, 2017, 03:24:04 AM
Hello! I just released a new map called [Adventure Incoming] I was TOO LAZY to make an long map so i created the demo Here is the link   :http://adf.ly/1i9YPf

Hey, uh, we would appreciate it if you didn't use adfly on such small forums like these. It doesn't really make sense. I'll be happy to give your level a review but I don't feel like going to adfly and risking getting a virus.  :victoria:
Well here is the version without adf.ly http://www.mediafire.com/file/cqy21gbbj440os4/Adventure+Incoming+v1.0+%5BDEMO%5D.rar

Valso22

Quote from: QwertymanO07 on January 16, 2017, 03:53:02 AM
Two questions:
1. Are you at all like the user LittleMac347?
2. If not, is this your very first foray into level creation?
1. Who the heck is "LittleMac347"
2. Yep it is

QwertymanO07

Quote from: Valso22 on January 16, 2017, 04:05:14 AM
2. Yep it is
In that case, look for some education on game design.  The Youtube channel Extra Credits[youtube.com] is a good place to start.

Valso22

Quote from: QwertymanO07 on January 16, 2017, 04:20:22 AM
2. Yep it is
In that case, look for some education on game design.  The Youtube channel Extra Credits[youtube.com] is a good place to start.
So what im meant to do here?

Valso22

Quote from: Valso22 on January 16, 2017, 04:23:10 AM
Quote from: QwertymanO07 on January 16, 2017, 04:20:22 AM
2. Yep it is
So what im meant to do here?
Nevermind whatever of the video by dustupped audio

SJMistery

If you post the level, simply add it on "attachments" on the post. All you need is to compress it on a .zip file.

fraZ0R

Ok I found another newbie. Hi. Did you know that direct mode exists? Use it.

Also, please don't put it in an .rar file, I think MediaFire lets you put regular .vvvvvv files there.  Thanks!

This level, for a beginner's, isn't that bad.  I don't know how you did that thing with the trinket in the ground, but that was cool!  A few pointers, you should avoid using 1 block tiles on the very bottom, as they get hidden by the roomname.  Also this

Make sure this doesn't happen.  Other than that I think you have some potential.  Welcome to the forum, I can't wait to see the full version of this! :viridian:

Valso22

Quote from: Quote on January 16, 2017, 03:15:09 PM
Also, please don't put it in an .rar file, I think MediaFire lets you put regular .vvvvvv files there.  Thanks!

This level, for a beginner's, isn't that bad.  I don't know how you did that thing with the trinket in the ground, but that was cool!  A few pointers, you should avoid using 1 block tiles on the very bottom, as they get hidden by the roomname.  Also this

Make sure this doesn't happen.  Other than that I think you have some potential.  Welcome to the forum, I can't wait to see the full version of this! :viridian:
Umm for the trinket on the ground i just set a BACKGROUND of that block

Valso22

Quote from: 5tr4 on January 16, 2017, 01:08:25 PM
Ok I found another newbie. Hi. Did you know that direct mode exists? Use it.
I KNOW THAT DIRECT MODE EXISTS JUST I USE IT FEW TIMES

So with this new update there are many, many issues.  The new scripts are nice, but if you exit and re enter the room they repeat.  Here is a way to prevent this:
Quote from: LafondaSaysMeow
Code (scripta) Select
ifflag(x,nothing)
iftrinkets(0,scriptb)

Code (scriptb) Select
say(2)
This is
a one time script!
flag(x,on)

Both flag numbers must be the same.
Nothing is a script that should have... well... nothing in it.
This way the script won't repeat twice.

There were many alignment issues, here are a few

In order to prevent this, in warp line rooms make sure the walls line up on both sides, left to right and top to bottom.

Also, is the room with Vermilion the final room?