LSASOUE

Started by pattoo1234, February 06, 2017, 03:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pattoo1234

Check out this level! And can you guess what the letters stand for?

mrytp

Cool level! What do the letters stand for?

pattoo1234

Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events.

pattoo1234

What is your favorite part of the level?

SJMistery

My least favourite part is the room with "y z". You cannot progress further than that room.

pattoo1234

That is in the hall of records. To get past it, stand at the edge of the slope and run.

SJMistery

There is no slope... Only a stair of blocks that cannot be gone through. Regardless of speed, the section is too small.

pattoo1234

By slope I meant stair, and I can get through it, so I don't know what's stopping you. Just keep tryin'.

AlexINF

Okay, I have a review here. Remember, this points go from -10 to 10.
Hardness: :viridian: (Easy)
Errors I found:
No roomnames.
Repeated rooms.
Many no-obstacles rooms.
Rooms only made to fill the map.
Random face change for no apparent reason.
No music for 20 entire rooms.
No story.

In conclusion, I hate to say it, but you could improve it a little more. If you fixed those problems here in the next map you make, it would be awesome!

Cheers,

A random reviewer

Quote from: AlexINF on February 25, 2017, 05:56:45 PM
Tileset not matching music: -2
I think the idea that music has to go to a specific tileset is absolutely ridiculous.  I'm sick and tired of hearing the same exact song to the same exact tileset in every single level, and I feel the mixing of tileset and music in this level is one of its strong points.  It deviates from the norm

QwertymanO07

The idea of using scores is ridiculous.  How do you even quantify something like that?  Not to mention, you're focusing way too much on the high-level stuff; get deeper in and criticize the core of the work!

AlexINF

pattoo1234

Quote from: AlexINF on February 25, 2017, 05:56:45 PM
Okay, I have a review here. Remember, this points go from -10 to 10.
Hardness: :viridian: (Easy)
Errors I found:
No roomnames. Couldn't think of any.
Repeated rooms. Intentional.
Many no-obstacles rooms. Breathers.
Rooms only made to fill the map. Nope.
Random face change for no apparent reason. What do you mean?
No music for 20 entire rooms. Would you want music in a burnt-down mansion?
No story. I will tell you the story later.

In conclusion, I hate to say it, but you could improve it a little more. If you fixed those problems here in the next map you make, it would be awesome!

Cheers,

A random reviewer

The point is you should have conveyed the story in the level at least a little.  If you don't it makes the level look like it has no plot.  There doesn't have to be blatant in your face conveyance of the plot, but there should be at least something there.

pattoo1234

The story is: Your house burns down, you go to Count Olaf's house, he tries to kill you, you go to Mr. Monty's house, he has lots of snakes, you go to Lake Lachrymose, you almost get eaten by leeches, you go to a lumbermill, you almost get sawed in half, you go to a miserable boarding school, you run hundreds of laps, you go to 667 Dark Avenue; a 66-story building, you cross the desert, you go to a village, you get chased by an angry mob, you go to a hospital, which burns down, you go to a carnival, which also burns down, you climb very tall mountains, you go undersea, you go to the Hotel Denouement, you sail to a deserted island, and then you sail back home.