Tutorial: disable the pause screen (windows only)

Started by Cos8o, July 01, 2017, 11:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cos8o

I saw a lot of people complaining about the impossibility to disable the pause screen, so today i'll teach you how to do it by messing up the exe :vermillion: . The operation is very similar to the music tutorial, you need to replace some bytes at a certain position. So, open your hex editor and move to the position "1BE468" (1827944 in decimal): here you will find the bytes "0F 85 18 01 00 00", replace them with "E9 19 01 00 00 90". After that, save the file (I suggest you to make a backup if something goes wrong) and use that to play VVVVVV. Congratulations, you just patched the exe  :viridian: . To enable the pause screen another time simply replace "E9 19 01 00 00 90" with "0F 85 18 01 00 00" at the same position, or delete the patched exe and use the backup. P.S.: This method works only on 2.2, and is only for windows. There is a way to do it on mac aswell, but it's a little bit harder sorry.

moth 🦋

this is actually pretty neat
I wonder if it works with disabling the fake loading screen at the beginning (probably, never hurts to check though)

Ally 🌠

Dav999

Nice.

Quote from: shiny k on July 01, 2017, 03:41:24 PM
this is actually pretty neat
I wonder if it works with disabling the fake loading screen at the beginning (probably, never hurts to check though)
I think both will work together, I haven't tried yet, though. (If anyone's wondering about that: https://tolp.nl/forum/index.php?topic=2549.0)

Info Teddy

can you make a patch for the latest linux steam build?

Ally 🌠

it seems to be located at 1be468 for me, possibly from the secret update?