Hellhole - A VVVVVV adventure.

Started by The Snikle Force, March 21, 2017, 04:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Snikle Force

Here's my new, semi-linear level, Hellhole. It is 5X10, and it has 20 trinkets. The layout is generally random, some parts are linear, some parts can be gone through both ways. It's as if 333333333 and Devious Dimensions had a baby.

Viridian awakens in the bottom of a haunted pit known as the "Hellhole"...
Can he save his friends and live?

screenshots:

All feedback is welcome.

Note: Due to the non-linear property of parts of this level, there is a possibility that a glitch may have slipped through the crack. I you find any glitches, report them, and they will be fixed.

Edit: After retesting some of the scripts, some glitches have been found. These glitches do not affect you until you reach the final trinket room. I will attempt to fix them. Unless you somehow got 19 trinkets already, this will not affect you.

Edit 2: The scripts are fixed. The .zip file below is now the fixed version.  If you overwrite the original, it may keep your save data for this level.

Edit 3: 9-14-2017: Fixed a few small things.

moth 🦋

this level is totally gorgeous
albeit its way too hard for me, and the lack of intro script is a little of putting

The Snikle Force

Yes, much more work was put into looks than scripting, but there is still a story to be found. Especially if you can catch all 19 trinkets...  :vermillion:

You did download the bugfix version,right?

moth 🦋

Quote from: The Snikle Force on March 22, 2017, 01:26:02 AM
Yes, much more work was put into looks than scripting, but there is still a story to be found. Especially if you can catch all 19 trinkets...  :vermillion:

yeah i did and i also gave up on the second room  :P
after looking at it in-editor it looks even more beautiful
you have serious design talent

The Snikle Force

Quote from: shiny k on March 22, 2017, 02:55:30 AM
Quote from: The Snikle Force on March 22, 2017, 01:26:02 AM

yeah i did and i also gave up on the second room  :P
after looking at it in-editor it looks even more beautiful
you have serious design talent

Thank you. I know that second room is hard, but you could fix it in the editor. I probably should've nerfed that part prior to release (As I did with a few other parts) but for some reason I didn't. I know it's possible to get through without invincibility, because I've tried.

Did you peek at the ved map?

moth 🦋

Quote from: The Snikle Force on March 22, 2017, 03:00:36 AM
Did you peek at the ved map?
yeah i just opened it in ved to look at the scripts and saw the map, looks really nice
anyway keep up the good work

The Snikle Force

Alright, I fixed up a few minor aesthetic bugs and made the second room easier. new .zip in the OP. Feedback is appreciated! :viridian:

The Snikle Force

I was looking through this again in Ved, and fixed a few minor things. New .zip in first post.

Lollipop

Wow, pretty level  :viridian:

makes me want to make levels again (not)

you'll have to teach me how to design rooms like this one day  :P

The Snikle Force

Quote from: Lollipop on September 15, 2017, 11:56:49 PM

you'll have to teach me how to design rooms like this one day  :P

It's not hard to design rooms like that. I made a short tutorial of the making of a room for my next level, which is similar. I'll PM you.

DubstVne

Uh, the screenshots are third party hosted and now they are impossible to see for people without the stuff.  :victoria:

moth 🦋

Quote from: DubstVne on December 09, 2017, 02:54:54 AM
Uh, the screenshots are third party hosted and now they are impossible to see for people without the stuff.  :victoria:
oh yeah thats just photobucket being annoying
here's what they look like

Peridot

That's actually a really pretty looking level! I would play it, but like most custom-made levels I've played, it'll probably be too hard for me...

The Snikle Force

Quote from: shiny k on December 09, 2017, 06:37:30 PM
Quote from: DubstVne on December 09, 2017, 02:54:54 AM
oh yeah thats just photobucket being annoying
here's what they look like

Thank you for reposting those! Damn Photobucket.

moth 🦋

Quote from: Gawne 2.0 on December 09, 2017, 08:13:58 PM
That's actually a really pretty looking level! I would play it, but like most custom-made levels I've played, it'll probably be too hard for me...
yeah, its honestly gorgeous but way hard

Quote from: The Snikle Force on December 09, 2017, 10:01:07 PM
Thank you for reposting those! Damn Photobucket.
no prob