Fire :vermillion:
Federal Blue :victoria:
Fern :verdigris:
Fandango :violet:

Screenshots:

moth 🦋

why did you marquee the screenshots

weee50

What will you do after you finish making UUUUUU?

pixelator

Quote from: weee50 on April 13, 2017, 10:59:32 PM
FFFFFFUUUUUU-

I just had to do that. Sorry.

uugr

I think this is the best of the lettered levels I've played so far (I haven't commented on them but I've done EEEEEE, DDDDDD, and CCCCCC). Some thoughts:

- I really like the visuals, particularly the second section. The outside backing + warp background has a nice 'weird' aesthetic to it. 'Flashback' is also excellent.
- There's an extra 1x1 block in the bottom-center of Fragments that isn't properly DirectModed
- The last gravity line in 'Falling', 'Fibres' and some of the middle ones in 'Failing' are doubled and don't work properly. 'Failing' makes it seem like it may be intentional, but it's kind of impossible to tell without trial and error...? There's also no indication that 'Failing' has a warp line and the other ones seem pointless, so I'm not sure what the deal with those is.
- As mentioned in the last point, 'Failing' is trial and error so that should probably be fixed. (Give some indication of the warp line/doubled gravity lines).
- Multiple trinkets at once = AUGH MY EARS
- 'Flummoxed' = AUGH MY EYES

6/6 trinkets, 55 deaths, ~8.5 minutes. Great first three sections, but it seems to fall apart near the end.
- There's also trial and error in 'Four' but it isn't really as bad.

cheesefactory

Let me just say: You're level was FFFFFFun! The aesthetics were super neat (especially Flashback and Fire). Fandango, although it's simple, looks really neat too. I also love how you have a First/Familiar and Flip/Flip pairing. A shout-out to Frustrated? for superb level design. Finally, the room names really bring the level home.

A couple of suggestions...

• Use direct mode in Fear, Fluctuating and Flying. Direct Mode was used very well all in other rooms, especially Flax!
  • Keep each section consistent in design. For example, use the same type of background tile consistently from Fear to Fire,
    preferable the horizontal ones in Fluctuating. Also, keep the cool border and vertical warp from Familiar all the way to Fern. (They are both missing in Four and Fern.)
  • Please remake Four. Even though your worst room is better than many peoples' best rooms, it doesn't do justice to the rest of FFFFFF.
  • This is all semantics. You're level is FFFFFFantastic!

And now I shall play your other levels. Let me know if you want feedback or not for those levels.

Duckman50001

lol, i was using custom textures so on the invisible maze thing i could see the walls

mrytp

Quote from: shiny k on April 13, 2017, 04:03:33 PM
I just thought it would make the post look better and different to the others.

I think for VVVVVV I'll just use the original crew's names. Once I've finished ZZZZZZ I'm going to make a 26-room level with my favourite room from each letter level making an A-Z.

Quote from: cheesefactory on April 14, 2017, 01:17:28 AM
Let me just say: You're level was FFFFFFun! The aesthetics were super neat (especially Flashback and Fire). Fandango, although it's simple, looks really neat too. I also love how you have a First/Familiar and Flip/Flip pairing. A shout-out to Frustrated? for superb level design. Finally, the room names really bring the level home.

• Use direct mode in Fear, Fluctuating and Flying. Direct Mode was used very well all in other rooms, especially Flax!
  • Keep each section consistent in design. For example, use the same type of background tile consistently from Fear to Fire,
    preferable the horizontal ones in Fluctuating. Also, keep the cool border and vertical warp from Familiar all the way to Fern. (They are both missing in Four and Fern.)
  • Please remake Four. Even though your worst room is better than many peoples' best rooms, it doesn't do justice to the rest of FFFFFF.

And now I shall play your other levels. Let me know if you want feedback or not for those levels.
Thanks, I'd love feedback for the other levels too.

lol...ipops2

Quote from: mrytp on April 14, 2017, 01:36:23 PM
Quote from: shiny k on April 13, 2017, 04:03:33 PM
I just thought it would make the post look better and different to the others.

I think for VVVVVV I'll just use the original crew's names. Once I've finished ZZZZZZ I'm going to make a 26-room level with my favourite room from each letter level making an A-Z.

Quote from: cheesefactory on April 14, 2017, 01:17:28 AM

Thanks, I'd love feedback for the other levels too.
For the after ZZZZZZ one, you might want to install ved and copy the rooms between levels.
Oh yeah, and for that, you MUST use ctrl/cmd c and ctrl/cmd v

pattoo1234

In two rooms near the end, did you intentionally use my Warp Zone backing?

moth 🦋

Quote from: pattoo1234 on April 15, 2017, 05:01:15 PM
In two rooms near the end, did you intentionally use my Warp Zone backing?
1. they didnt
2. stop advertising your graphics pack

fraZ0R

Will you skip the letter V because it already exists?

mrytp

Quote from: 5tr4 on April 15, 2017, 08:20:32 PM
Will you skip the letter V because it already exists?
No i'll probably still make VVVVVV

fraZ0R

Will you make it exactly the same as the original?

mrytp

I'll use the same names for the crew but the level will be nothing like the real game