Author Topic: VVOVOV - I made / am making a Fangame  (Read 3306 times)

Trdjn

• Doctor
    • View Profile
    • Heptaveegesimal
Re: VVOVOV - I made / am making a Fangame
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2017, 09:16:14 AM »
cool so far. however i'd say that the "achievement unlocked" box is kind of intrusive, because at the end of the tutorial it gets in the way of a terminal textbox.
Yeah, I noticed this a few times but forgot to move the text down. I'll fix it for the next Version.
and speaking of the end of the tutorial, you don't get the "got all three cakes" achievement until you talk to the last terminal there.
Based on how you interpret this, I thought of it as "complete the tutorial AND get all cakes", so I only checked on the end, then again if someone gets the third cake they pretty much completed the tutorial, and if they missed one of the other 2 cakes they would have completed the tutorial already because of the third cake.
Whatever I'll change it if that makes more sense.
it would make more sense if the emancipation grill only erased your own portals instead of the ones that already exist when you walk in.
Makes sense, however this would make gating much more complicated.
also, if you're aiming to replicate vvvvvv's physics, the player character should instantly reach maximum velocity when they flip or fall off a platform. it seems to me that they start out with less momentum than two seconds later.
This wasn't really what I was aiming for, the controls in VVVVVV seem a bit more sensitive as well, which I believe makes sense to some extent, because when there is more stuff I can do if it is not as hard as it would be in VVVVVV, or it's just because I'm less used to the controls of VVVVVV.

Oh, and thanks to everyone who is playing the game.
Another thing I might as well mention, this is the list of bugs in the game that I currently am aware of:
http://heptaveegesimal.com/vvovov-buglist.html
And if anyone is having problems with some of the 0.3.0 bugs I did upload version 0.3.1 where I fixed some bugs.