KKKKKK

Started by mrytp, May 21, 2017, 04:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrytp

KKKKKK is finkally here!
Sorrky it took so long to finkish, the level file was glitkhing okut and somehow some of the rokoms have been korrupted.
Krekw:
Kool :viridian:
Korn :vitellary:
Keknyan kopper  :vermillion:
Klien Blkue :victoria:
Kiwi :verdigris:
Kiss :violet:

Skreenshkots:
The skreenshot from the firkst area is missing. Sokmehow it got korrupted.

Ally 🌠

Quote from: mrytp on May 21, 2017, 04:35:55 PM
Kiwi :verdigris:
cool

the title is racist

anyways nice, the k thing in the op is kinda weird tho

uugr

Little late on responding to this, but here's the now-traditional wall of feedback!

This level's visuals were... a bit disappointing, to be honest (besides the final area, which looks amazing). They weren't bad, but the visuals (along with the roomnames!) are one of the highlights of the alphabet levels for me, so the more minimal use of Direct mode was a bit underwhelming. Especially in the Warp Zone area...

This seems to be the hardest alphabet level so far, especially the trinkets and Warp Zone. Mostly this is fine, but I think 'Kollision' was probably a bit much. The whole level could've used an extra dose of checkpoints, really. 'Kactus' was also unusually difficult.

I like the 'glitching' section - it's a very visually-distinct area, which fits well with your strengths. It could've been better foreshadowed, though - your post made it sound like this was THE BIG THING in the level, and it only really came in at the end. Maybe a couple 'corrupted rooms' scattered throughout the early section would make it feel more natural?

Also, I've got to say this because this is like the seven billionth time I've seen this in a level: WHAT THE HELL IS WITH PEOPLE AND QUIZ SECTIONS. They aren't gameplay in any sense, they're completely asinine as puzzle design goes, they're REALLY easy to trial-and-error so knowing the answer is barely even important, the questions are always completely arbitrary (why do i need to know the chemical symbol for chlorine to play a video game, this isn't a science test), and their entire purpose, regardless of difficulty, is completely invalidated for anyone with an internet connection, which you need to play the level in the first place! A quiz is, like, the premium example of terrible design, and there isn't even any interesting design or roomnames in that section! KKKKKK would be objectively improved in basically every way without that section.

[/rant]

(the gameplay of ur level was gud tho, and it was funn + wel made other then that)

pattoo1234

Kewl! I liKed the (faKe) Korruption! Kan't wait for LLLLLL!

pattoo1234

When do you think LLLLLL will be released?

moth 🦋

Quote from: pattoo1234 on June 09, 2017, 02:07:16 PM
When do you think LLLLLL will be released?
please dont nag level creators

pattoo1234

It's been almost 3 weeks.

moth 🦋

Quote from: pattoo1234 on June 09, 2017, 02:13:59 PM
it doesnt matter, he doesnt have to keep churning out content
he can take a year to make it or discontinue the series if he wants to
it takes at least three weeks to make a good level, if it takes less you're probably doing it wrong

pattoo1234

I guess I will wait, then.

Ally 🌠

Quote from: shiny k on June 09, 2017, 04:34:54 PM
it takes at least three weeks to make a good level, if it takes less you're probably doing it wrong
shit, ive been taking months

fraZ0R

Ally 🌠

well you better give them back /dadjoke

mrytp

Quote from: pattoo1234 on June 09, 2017, 02:13:59 PM

http://distractionware.com/forum/index.php?topic=3188.0

I said in a post a while ago that I'm taking a break from my alphabet levels while I make the animals collab and a brand new level, which I haven't revealed yet. LLLLLL probably wont be out for a while and neither will my new levels, sorry about that but I want to make sure my levels are quality not quantity.

cheesefactory

QuoteI want to make sure my levels are quality not quantity

With very few exceptions, your levels accomplish this. Yay!