"Line Wrap" by Rox

Started by Rox, July 26, 2011, 10:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psychopath

Quote from: Samushighwind on July 31, 2011, 03:20:46 AM
Yeah, I'm stuck in "What Goes Around" and I have no idea how to get out

Find a specific hole to exit through. Check each one, you'll eventually get it through process of elimination.

Rox

I'm proud of that room. I know it's a jerk move. It's just one of those things that's frustrating the first time around and you have to trial-and-error for a bit, but I couldn't resist trying it out at least. And my own introvision to try to figure out what I, personally, would have trouble with seems to have paid off in spades, from watching other people play that room. It's like... reverse-reverse psychology or something!

Solution below! Super spoilers! Highlight text to find out the amazing secret to What Goes Around!
Upper right corner, horizontal.

bigkahuna

Hey Rox! I really enjoyed your level.

The only room I didn't like was What Goes Around... I'm pretty sure I went through the right door, didn't notice the portal, and saw that the room was exactly the same. Eventually I just quit until I saw that you WERE supposed to do it by trial-and-error ;)

I got the first trinket (GAH IT TOOK ME SO LONG) but I never even saw the second one...

Very nice level. It was hard enough to be very challenging, but not too hard. Hard balance to strike there. The "One More Room" screen (those were the words going through my mind after I died on it 20 times ;) ) was very hard also and just barely doable. You need to have extremely precise timing to get through the drop. I guess for a bonus level it's okay, though.

This is the first of the bundled levels that I completed, I really liked this work  :viridian:

Btw, toggling the gravity in this point gets funny things on screen:

justaweso

Am I out of my mind? How do I get past "Don't Fall Down"? On the DS I'm about a pixel shy of making it every time.

goodmenace

I also am unable to make it past "Don't Fall Down" on the DS version! :victoria:

Pyrite

Quote from: justaweso on January 11, 2012, 08:33:19 AM
Am I out of my mind? How do I get past "Don't Fall Down"? On the DS I'm about a pixel shy of making it every time.
It's impossible................................................. :shiny:  :victoria:

That jump is very strict in PC. Somebody with the two game versions wants to give his opinion?

Pyrite

I have both versions, and I have to say that it's literally impossible on 3DS, but easy on PC. It's because on PC, you can fall a tiny bit off ledges and still jump, giving you an advantage of about 4 pixels. On 3DS, you have to have at least a pixel on the block's surface, and you can't get the extra pixel over without falling to your death.

inkbro

Found an interesting glitch.

http://youtu.be/gcOHh-X0vFY

Wow, this captcha is annoying.

FIQ

Quote from: goodmenace on February 07, 2012, 11:15:31 PM
I also am unable to make it past "Don't Fall Down" on the DS version! :victoria:
The DS version is a bit less liberal with how far out from the platform you can go before jumping. This makes this part *significantly* harder (borderline impossible). It can be done, I actually managed it twice, but usually if I play this level on the DS version, I just turn on invincibility to bypass this.

Quote from: manofperson on February 12, 2012, 09:15:17 PM
I have both versions, and I have to say that it's literally impossible on 3DS, but easy on PC. It's because on PC, you can fall a tiny bit off ledges and still jump, giving you an advantage of about 4 pixels. On 3DS, you have to have at least a pixel on the block's surface, and you can't get the extra pixel over without falling to your death.
Not impossible, but insanely hard.

There was actually another jump with a similar issue in the first version of VVVVVV for the 3DS (which was completely impossible and not just very hard), but it was fixed in the update by moving a conveyor belt. So mechanics definitely changed. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/647860-vvvvvv/62150863