Animals (COLLAB/WIP)

Started by mrytp, May 30, 2017, 03:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrytp

For my next level, I'm going to make my first ever collab. A while ago, I started making a 10 x 10 map with 10 areas based on different animals. I never finished it so I thought I should make a collab. I have attached what I have made so far at the bottom (some of the rooms are a bit messy because I made the level so long ago.)

Rules:

• Entries must be 10 rooms wide and 1 room high. Send me your entries separate from the original level (as .vvvvvv or .vvvvvv.zip files) and name them after the animal your area is based on.

• Each entry has to be based on an animal and the first room has to look like the animal (see what I have made so far as an example).

• Don't put any crewmates in your entry- there will only be 1 at the end of the level. Also, try to limit yourself to only 1 trinket (or 2 if you have to).

• You can send as many entries as you like

• Each animal area should be mostly the same colour throughout. You can still switch tilesets as long as the colour is the same (use my areas as an example).

• Add music to your area if you want. The music can change in different rooms.
  • Please don't make your entry too difficult. You can have some hard rooms but nothing too annoying or pixel-perfect.

If you want to enter, post a reply in the comments with the animal your 10 rooms will be based on. I will update the OP when you have entered.

Animals / entrants:

• Alligator by Mr_Ytp (finished)
  • Whale by Mr_Ytp (finished)
  • Camel by Mr_Ytp (finished)
  • Snake by Mr_Ytp (finished)
  • Dragon by Mr_Ytp (WIP)
  • Walrus by uugr (WIP)
  • Rabbit by cheesefactory (WIP)
  • Pheonix by 5tr4 (WIP)
  • Wolf by Klar (WIP)

So far the map is 10 x 10 but I will add more rows if lots of people join.
I'm not setting a deadline yet but let me know if you are joining ASAP.

Screenshots:

uugr

Wait... your name is supposed to be Mr_YTP? I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST A STRING OF RANDOM LETTERS!  :vitellary: :vitellary: :vitellary:

Anyway, I'll join with the Walrus section, if that's alright.

fraZ0R

cheesefactory

I really hope this turns out better than the duck collaboration...

I can do a Rabbit section though.

uugr

Quote from: 5tr4I guess I'll do snakes.

Snakes are already there...

Also, the room 'Rattlesnake crashes my game when it loads. You should PROBABLY fix that.

fraZ0R

Can I do mythological animals? You are doing a dragon , which is made up. If I can , i will do a Phoenix.

lol...ipops2

mrytp

Deadline coming soon...
I haven't set a deadline date yet but I needed an extra post to bump this back up to the most recent page.

TheMediocreToOkayGatsby

What about Wolf? It's last minute, and it's uncreative, but it would be different from the others!

mrytp

Yeah you can join too, I'll add wolf to the list