B0unc3 - Excessive use of Grav. Lines!

Started by FCreature, July 27, 2011, 08:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FCreature

Hi all,
I made a Gravity Line based level called B0unc3! It's my first level, but I actually am looking for harsh criticism!

I'm not entirely sure if it's hard or not, but I'm sure you'll die a few times!

I need CC, so I can refine it and add better areas!
Thanks, great game!

Known Issues:
A few tiling screw ups!
Blue crewmate mistakenly easy to access
Less gravity lines than planned
Less "hold left/right for 2 seconds with spikes everywhere without dying" areas in areas where they shouldn't.
(Fixed? Maybe? I dunno)

Download:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/99594/b0unc3.vvvvvv

Terry

Hope you don't mind, but I added a screenshot :viridian:

Cool! I'll check this out later today, looking forward to it!

SoulEye

I was able to get the blue crewmate from going into the exit of the challenge leading to him. Made things pretty easy (and made the talk script come after the rescue).

Pretty good, some bugs, but generally good for newer VVVVVV players!

FCreature

Quote from: SoulEye on July 27, 2011, 11:45:46 AM
I was able to get the blue crewmate from going into the exit of the challenge leading to him. Made things pretty easy (and made the talk script come after the rescue).

Pretty good, some bugs, but generally good for newer VVVVVV players!

Oooh, nice catch! I wasn't able to get in that way after trying for 5 minutes, but I'll try to find a way to make a better exit.
In the next update I'm going to try to do that, fix some tile issues, and maybe add a crewmate or two.
I did just realize I never tested the level entirely, so I'm still not completely sure if going back from certain areas work very well. I have no playtesters either  :victoria:

increpare

ran into some (quite a few) tile-mismatch glitches on the room borders, some of the script triggers could be bigger as well.

Liked the difficulty level : )

FCreature

Updated! Same download link.

Fixed some tile issues, and fixed some easy stuff.

Next update I hope to add a bit more screens!  :viridian:

TheoX

Sounds fun, I'll CC in the morning, I've got to go to bed now. :vitellary:

Shuhasu

I like this level, especially with the scripted cutscenes!

there are a few RAEs though (Room Alignment Error (credit goes to TheoX :P ) )

there are a few more too, other than that, good job!

FCreature

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I'll have a update in ~12 hours or less to fix the above errors and add another crewmate!  :viridian:

TheoX

Yay Kurosen acronym user!

Rating #006
Enjoyment: 8/10
Aesthetics: 6/10
Novelty: 5/10
Difficulty: 3/10
Room Names: 3/10

I enjoyed this.  It wasn't very hard, which is fine with me.  A few RAE's here and there; I found one that Kurosen didn't find (attached).  The leetspeak room names didn't appeal to me but someone had to do it, haha.  I liked your scripted cutscenes as well especially the last guy (blue one). :D

Shuhasu

Quote from: TheoX on July 29, 2011, 11:11:12 PM
Yay Kurosen acronym user!

Rating #006
Enjoyment: 8/10
Aesthetics: 6/10
Novelty: 5/10
Difficulty: 3/10
Room Names: 3/10

I enjoyed this.  It wasn't very hard, which is fine with me.  A few RAE's here and there; I found one that Kurosen didn't find (attached).  The leetspeak room names didn't appeal to me but someone had to do it, haha.  I liked your scripted cutscenes as well especially the last guy (blue one). :D

I did find more than those two, but I didn't want to post more of his level up to the forums, gotta keep some surprise for others :P

FCreature

I'll have the update out in an hour... game crashed when I was just about done with the new crewmate level :(

maybe after that I'll start a new level. It's hard to think of original puzzles with gravity lines!

FCreature

Ok, level updated!

Time to start a new level!  :viridian:

Shuhasu