Starting a Level Contest!

Started by Chorodo, January 09, 2018, 12:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdude02

The Snikle Force

Why make I.S. required? IMO, levels focused on I.S. tend to lack anything more than "Ooh, look what I scripted!" There are exceptions of course, but visuals/gameplay seem to take second place to the plot and scripted tricks. I've been working on and off on a level that's trying to have a good story without letting I.S. get in the way and script-things-up, but I can't even enter that because of the I.S. master race or something?

EDIT: You edited the rules, but the post still says I.S. is required. That threw me off. I'm in.

Duckman50001

Chorodo

Chorodo

Quote from: The Snikle Force on January 12, 2018, 01:49:14 AM
Why make I.S. required? IMO, levels focused on I.S. tend to lack anything more than "Ooh, look what I scripted!" There are exceptions of course, but visuals/gameplay seem to take second place to the plot and scripted tricks. I've been working on and off on a level that's trying to have a good story without letting I.S. get in the way and script-things-up, but I can't even enter that because of the I.S. master race or something?

EDIT: You edited the rules, but the post still says I.S. is required. That threw me off. I'm in.
it does, where?

allison

I think I wanna join this. Is there a reason for the map size requirement though?

The Snikle Force

Quote from: syminoK on January 12, 2018, 06:54:19 PM
Quote from: The Snikle Force on January 12, 2018, 01:49:14 AM

it does, where?

Quote from: syminoK on January 09, 2018, 12:17:36 AM

I forgot to add something. If your level doesn't include I.S, it won't be disqualified.
Your levels also must be posted in the thread. If you dont know how to do that than here is a video for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SH9gaj_5u8&t=27s

moth 🦋

note: i miiight join this probably not so dont get hyped but i might surprise you with a sudden level or something sO KEEP THAT QUESTION MARK IN THE "PEOPLE JOINING" RIGHT WHERE IT IS :ppp

Chorodo

Quote from: alek on January 12, 2018, 08:58:48 PM
I think I wanna join this. Is there a reason for the map size requirement though?
if the map is too big, it will take me too long to look through the level, and if the map is too small than it wont be interesting to me.

Peridot

So are you going to be judging the levels?

Also no promises on me joining, either

Chorodo

Quote from: Gawne 2.0 on January 13, 2018, 04:24:34 AM
So are you going to be judging the levels?

Also no promises on me joining, either

i'll see if i can find more judges, but for now yes

Lollipop

Chorodo

Chorodo

who else would like to judge?  :viridian:

Lollipop

wait am i supposed to make a level and judge?