An Honest Mistake - ...probably a bit too difficult.

Started by Chap, February 18, 2018, 03:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chap

So... hm.
I just bought the full version of VVVVVV today, and I've been obsessed with it all day.
And, of course, after getting the swing of things I decided to take a shot at the editor.
I made a level, my first one, and uh... it might be just a bit challenging? :verdigris:
Next time I'll try to make it play out like an actually normal level and not just a hellish nightmare.

Anyway, the level is called "An Honest Mistake," and, well... to be fair, that's kind of what this level is.
Here are just three little teasers of what this level has to offer.

Actually... those might be the hardest parts.
And, yes, before you ask, I've tested each and every single part. It's all possible.

So... uh... good luck? I-I guess?
(P.S: I'm... kinda shocked to see that this place is still alive! Not complaining, but just... shocked. :vitellary:)

pattoo1234

In the second screenshot, the random capitalization reminds me of Margo Roth Spiegleman.

moth 🦋

welcome to distractionware!

this level is too hard for me cuz i kinda suck at vvvvvv but i'd say its good, sooo

SteveGamer68

Challenge Accepted!
Well, i am suffering in the trinket 3-tile gap. (Viridian keep not going through the passage)
Make the gap 4-tile or something. (btw Viridian DO walks when against a wall when he's walking left, and he just sits there in the right direction)
And i raged so hard in "Within the Lines" that i BSOD'ed my computer.
So, it's too difficult.

Chap

Quote from: SteveGamer68 on February 19, 2018, 06:46:55 AM
Well, i am suffering in the trinket 3-tile gap. (Viridian keep not going through the passage)
Make the gap 4-tile or something.

Uh... hehe... I slightly recall fitting through that gap, but I'm pretty sure it's not possible.
I don't know why I can remember fitting through a 3-tile gap, because I can't exactly recreate it. Anywhere.
So... my bad. :/
I've learned a lot more about the game and fiddled around with it, and I've been working on a level that's hopefully going to be a LOT more fun than it is brutally challenging.

Ally 🌠

Here, made a video of me playing the level.
I totally didn't open the level editor.
https://youtu.be/YHCwHnQ2LSs

I accidentally muted a track before rendering, the base64 says
"You win, I-I guess?"

Bruce Michez

Quote from: -Kiwi Alexia ♡ on February 20, 2018, 12:03:19 AM
Here, made a video of me playing the level.
I totally didn't open the level editor.
https://youtu.be/YHCwHnQ2LSs

I accidentally muted a track before rendering, the base64 says
"You win, I-I guess?"
If that was anything to go by, you've got a lot more patience than me.  On the other hand, I would never resort to cheating with the editor, except to fix a glitch.

Also, I can't decide whether the use of gravity lines in "Within the Lines" is really clever or really stupid.  It would have worked a lot better if the spikes couldn't kill :viridian: through the gravity line.

Ally 🌠

Quote from: Weird Shadow Machine on February 20, 2018, 12:47:28 AM
If that was anything to go by, you've got a lot more patience than me.
630+ hours in the game~
On the other hand, I would never resort to cheating with the editor, except to fix a glitch.
I wouldn't have actually cheated if the recording wasn't already 40 minutes long, sorry~
Also, I can't decide whether the use of gravity lines in "Within the Lines" is really clever or really stupid.  It would have worked a lot better if the spikes couldn't kill :viridian: through the gravity line.
If it didn't kill Viridian, there wouldn't be a "challenge".
But since it's basically luck, I think the section should be completely changed.

SteveGamer68

BTW, if you're wondering how i BSOD'ed my computer, i just press [space] so hard that it BSODs.  :P