VVVVVV Level Editor Tutorial - Part 2: Entities and Room Settings

Started by Terry, July 29, 2011, 11:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ally 🌠

Uh...
Hello? I was new and already knew internal scripting...?

moth 🦋

Quote from: crazya02 on May 24, 2016, 12:34:55 AM
Quote from: QwertymanO07 on May 24, 2016, 12:33:43 AM
I'm guessing they mean like "Press ENTER to talk to Vitellary", because anything else would be stupid.
Jesus christ they're a new member you can't expect them to know about internal scripting right off the bat
well I practiced internal scripting for years before joining
think of me as a ninja who went to train in the mountains or something

QwertymanO07

allison

Yes, it's a thing that has happened, but not an expectation.

QwertymanO07

I can see where you're coming from, but with the thread stickied, it is easier than ever to find out about internal scripting.  Either way, we'll find out when Mega Mayo posts again.

BCGAMING2017

1 year later (almost)... Wow, I'm also surprised that this is the 50th reply in the discussion...
Anyways, is there a limit of enemies that you can put in one room?

cheesefactory

I don't think so, but there is a limit to how much space there is to put enemies into. I hope you weren't considering a room with 50 enemies though...

allison

I know that the game can only render so many entities in gameplay before it crashes

MJKhoi

I've seen quite a few user-created levels that use some of the larger enemies, such as the red thing from B-B-B-Busted and Mad Carew's Ghost, any tips on how to find and use them?

Ally 🌠

you can use createentity() in certain rooms to create them
the room list: http://distractionware.com/forum/index.php?topic=2881.0

createentity is an internal command, so learn internal here: https://glaceon.ca/V/tutorials/#internalif

Info Teddy

Quote from: Mega Mayo on May 23, 2016, 08:44:09 PMWould there be any way in the future to change terminals into speaking crewmates?
Quote from: alek on May 23, 2016, 08:55:34 PMThere's a scripting exploit to do that.
Quote from: Lollipop on May 23, 2016, 08:56:17 PM
you already can
Quote from: -Kiwi Alexia ♡ on May 23, 2016, 11:07:32 PMWhat do you mean
Quote from: QwertymanO07 on May 24, 2016, 12:33:43 AMI'm guessing they mean like "Press ENTER to talk to Vitellary", because anything else would be stupid.
and then at this point the conversation degenerated into pure nonsense in typical distractionware fashion
here is something actually helpful. although to disappoint qwerty's such high standards you can only get "press enter to activate terminal". activityzones that say "press enter to talk to <guy>" call hardcoded main game scripts
Quote from: Info Teddy on April 29, 2018, 03:58:38 AMdo,32
createcrewman,-21
loop
everybodysad
createactivityzone,#
changemood,cyan,0
basically we're overflowing the activity zone id to be the activity zone of the last terminal in the room in the entity order (the last terminal to be placed in the room), and then spawning it. the number for do is 33 minus the amount of entities already in that room (the player counts as one).