Sector G

Started by TheFullestCircle, June 01, 2018, 09:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFullestCircle

A level I've made. 9 by 9, with 9 trinkets and 1 crewmate.
Story:  :viridian: teleports to a random dimension, in search of adventure.
Please give feedback!
Note: In the room "Dots!", there are single tiles. Because of how single tiles work, you can accidentally clip through them.
If this happens, press R immediately. This is to prevent sequence breaking, as you enter that room again later on.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2xp6nlwyzzauknn/sectorg.vvvvvv/file

Info Teddy

Quote from: TheFullestCircle on June 01, 2018, 09:14:29 PMNote: In the room "Dots!", there are single tiles. Because of how single tiles work, you can accidentally clip through them.
If this happens, press R immediately. This is to prevent sequence breaking, as you enter that room again later on.
>asking people to not sequence break
good luck with that
also speaking of sequence breaking (kind of), you can actually go the other way in (1, 9) (The Run) and players will get angry when they reach (4, 9) (Squares lol) and they can't progress anymore

anyway why not just remove the 1x1 tiles (by adding another tile adjoining them in either direction)? by doing that, you can prevent

• players annoyingly getting stuck in them
  • sequence breaking
  • players having to look at annoying collision indicators (it's very hard to look for accessible 2x3 areas given such a noisy visual)
in fact, there are a shitton more rooms with 1x1 tiles that i was praying i wouldn't get stuck in

here's the full list of rooms with 1x1 tiles:

• (7, 1) (A Flash of Blinding Light)
  • (8, 3) (Dimensional Collapse)
  • (5, 9) (The Nameless Room)
  • (6, 8) (Dots!)
  • (5, 5) (Iscoseles)
  • (8, 5) (Broken Enemy)
  • (2, 6) (The Final Trench)
seriously, remove all those 1x1 tiles

Bruce Michez

In all fairness, the single tiles in "Isosceles" looked like a simple oversight to me.  It's easily done when using the Lab tileset sans Direct Mode.

You can use a flag to make the dialogue in "A Flash of Blinding Light" only happen once:
flash
music(10)
ifflag(42,donothing)
flag(42,on)
iftrinkets(0,flashdialogue)

And in script "flashdialogue":
sad
reply(1)
Gah! What the-
happy

Also, I wonder where "The Insidious Tunnel" might have come from?

Info Teddy

Quote from: Bruce Michez on June 01, 2018, 11:15:44 PMIn all fairness, the single tiles in "Isosceles" looked like a simple oversight to me.  It's easily done when using the Lab tileset sans Direct Mode.
lol you misspelled his misspelling

i can easily see the 1x1 tiles with my resource pack

also i missed a room with 1x1 tiles

• (4, 3) (Trap Research Center)

KostaRotaev

This level is good.

TheFullestCircle

Attention: I have updated the level.
This update removes the 1x1 tiles from some areas, makes them easier on the eyes in others, fixes the "go to the right in 'The Run'" bug, makes "Boiler Room" look more like a boiler room, and spells "Isosceles" correctly, among other things.
Download it here:

TheFullestCircle

Whoops! Forgot the attachment.