"Blue's Adventure" (v5.4) by Franz24 [Complete]

Started by Franz24, July 27, 2011, 02:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinoquark

Ahahaha bug-hunting!  :vermillion:

There are a couple places where you can jump past gravity lines

At the start of the first friend room you can flip onto the ceiling and go back a screen, this will intersect you with a wall and you either float down, or flip again and float up bypassing some rooms.

In the area with the first friend, it's possible to accidently be jumping up to try and hit the first moving platform when you trigger the dialog sequence, leading to death and respawning in the middle of talking (which is weird).

It's still possible to get stuck if you go back into Mario's room after freeing him, which xOnixic reported on page 1.
Went back down and somehow triggered a dialog ("Welcome back! How was it?") that wouldn't go away or advance (so I couldn't flip).

It's possible to get stuck in the princess room by dying instead of taking the warp exit after collecting the shiny, additionally the first warp intersects you slightly with the wall, which can be used to clip into the room above.

There are several places where you can trigger dialog again and again and again by going back or dying which can be a little annoying.

Here's a youtube video that shows some of these bugs! (But not all of them). I've seen the jumping past gravity lines bug in several levels so thought I'd show a video showing how it's done, sorry about the terrible quality, I don't exactly do this sort of stuff very often, and don't have the right tools or skills for making good videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO7qnkM_peg

ETA: And here's a video of the stuck in mario's room bug:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vij1FdauDg

Franz24

Hello everybody, I'm back!
Tomorrow is my birthday, and ten days later is my girlfriends birthday, so I'm really busy at the moment.
But of course I won't let you guys down, I'm working on a new version now with a lot of fixed language errors.
I'm Dutch so English is not my first language, and if you spot any other errors,
Please tell me!

Thanks in advance, and the next version will be up in about 30 minutes if everything goes right.
:viridian:

Edit:
Quote from: dinoquark on August 11, 2011, 11:27:39 PM
Ahahaha bug-hunting!  :vermillion:

I saw your post after making this reply, but of course your hard work won't go unnoticed!
It's great to see that somebody did the hard work while I was on holiday ^^
I'll try to fix as much bugs as possible and include them in the next update!
Thanks alot!  ;D

edit2:
detailed bug-fixing!

There are a couple places where you can jump past gravity lines
Fixed the two that you showed in the video :)
In the area with the first friend, it's possible to accidently be jumping up to try and hit the first moving platform when you trigger the dialog sequence, leading to death and respawning in the middle of talking (which is weird).
Don't see how I could fix that, but it's not a really important bug, it's just weird ^^
It's still possible to get stuck if you go back into Mario's room after freeing him, which xOnixic reported on page 1.
Went back down and somehow triggered a dialog ("Welcome back! How was it?") that wouldn't go away or advance (so I couldn't flip).
It should be fixed now, although I couldn't get the bug myself...
It's possible to get stuck in the princess room by dying instead of taking the warp exit after collecting the shiny, additionally the first warp intersects you slightly with the wall, which can be used to clip into the room above.
You can still enable it by going past the place where the trinket was located.
Still, it's really stupid if you die there ^^
There are several places where you can trigger dialog again and again and again by going back or dying which can be a little annoying.
Yup I had the same problem, but that's just the way these levels are designed
the story element also has its disadvantages.. ;)

Anyway, thanks a lot for reporting the bugs, the new version is done now and I'll update the dropbox link and the first post now!

Franz24

Sorry for the double-post but this is to make sure everyone who knows the level sees it:
If you don't have a version number in the level selection screen, please update!
There are a lot of changes, language corrections and bugfixes in the game,
and I want to make sure everyone has the newest version!

:viridian:

Have fun!

ps. terry should make an auto-updater for the user-created levels

Info Teddy

The link doesn't work.

Dav999

Quote from: PK Lovin Ω on March 22, 2014, 01:07:52 AM
The link doesn't work.

Surely it is in a levels pack somewhere.

EDIT: It's in here

Franz24

Thanks for the heads-up!
I'll update the link tonight  ;D

Edit: Link updated! Please check if it's working again for you as well

Mysterio

1ND33D, W3 H4V3 H3R3 4N 4W350M3 L3V3L!
Great job! You should be making more levels.
~Mysterio  8)