How to make grey wrap effect

Started by TheFullestCircle, May 29, 2018, 06:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFullestCircle

I want to know how to make the wraparound effect in he background grey. I'm making a polar dimension type level.

Bruce Michez

There are two ways.

1. You can edit your level with a text editor.  Near the end of the file, you will find a series of lines that look like this:
<edLevelClass tileset="3" tilecol="3" platx1="0" platy1="0" platx2="320" platy2="240" platv="4" enemyx1="0" enemyy1="0" enemyx2="320" enemyy2="240" enemytype="2" directmode="1" warpdir="1">The Traffic Lights Turn Blue Tomorrow</edLevelClass>
Each of these corresponds to one room of your level. 
In the above example, this is a blue room using the Warp Zone tileset (tileset="3" tilecol="3").  The Polar Dimension uses this tileset, too.  Change the value of tilecol to "6" for each room you want to have the grey warp background.

2. Or you can use Ved.

Info Teddy

Quote from: Bruce Michez on May 29, 2018, 09:23:21 PMNear the end of the file, you will find a series of lines that look like this:
<edLevelClass tileset="3" tilecol="3" platx1="0" platy1="0" platx2="320" platy2="240" platv="4" enemyx1="0" enemyy1="0" enemyx2="320" enemyy2="240" enemytype="2" directmode="1" warpdir="1">The Traffic Lights Turn Blue Tomorrow</edLevelClass>
Each of these corresponds to one room of your level.
if it wasn't obvious you can identify which room it belongs to by the roomname

TheFullestCircle

Slight problem: I don't know how to edit my level with a text editor. How do I do that?

Viridan

Quote from: TheFullestCircle on May 31, 2018, 07:08:11 PM
Slight problem: I don't know how to edit my level with a text editor. How do I do that?
notepad++ lets you edit any files as text, sublime text probably does as well but i've never used it

uugr

You can edit VVVVVV files with regular Notepad just fine, just right-click the level file and go Open With - > Notepad.

Info Teddy

Quote from: uugr on June 01, 2018, 12:57:05 AMYou can edit VVVVVV files with regular Notepad just fine, just right-click the level file and go Open With - > Notepad.
i would also recommend using the "find" function to search for the roomname

Xandog01

I cant Download Ved  :'(

Ved                                                    :victoria:                                             Come Back here, Ved!                         

Info Teddy

Dav999

He said in another topic that he could download it after all, I think.

Info Teddy

Quote from: Dav999 on July 20, 2018, 09:24:37 PMHe said in another topic that he could download it after all, I think.
it's really inconvenient when problems are presented and fixed in separate topics