Author Topic: GAME Version 2 [5 Years!]  (Read 680 times)

weee50

• Professor
  • Creator of VVVVVV: The New Adventure
    • View Profile
GAME Version 2 [5 Years!]
« on: July 04, 2018, 02:33:41 PM »
At the moment this topic was posted, my very first level (called... well, it isn't really called anything, but I'm now referring to it as GAME) has been online for 5 years now! Like Dimension XXXXXX, this level was also very cringy. To celebrate, I've made a version 2, as 7 out of 10 voters asked for. No, not a sequel, but a version 2.

I was originally going to make a sequel to GAME where Viridian went through revised versions of all my cancelled levels, but, ironically, I cancelled it due to losing motivation. I was then planning doing another MapWeek, but that was also cancelled before the first level was even released because I found out that the Discord's creator contest started in the middle of the week. So I just made a remake of GAME.

So, without further ado, here's the download link to the level! (Sorry for no screenshots, I was a little bit rushed.)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 02:47:36 PM by weee50 »

Balneor

• Professor
    • View Profile
Re: GAME Version 2 [5 Years!]
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 02:42:18 AM »
Cool level, I particularly liked how that wall of platforms moved the other way around, when triggering the terminal near the beginning; really neat.

If I was allowed to do just one nitpick though, it would be about this room :

For the second trinket, I don't think it is possible to enter the token without dying. In other words, there's no way to collect it without doing a death-warp. That doesn't feel too much rewarding if you die and still get through it. Even for such an easy challenge.

Also if someone has a good tip for displaying the image in a good and non-space-wasteful location, I'd take it.

KostaRotaev

• Doctor
  • This is a making a level of VVVVVV.
    • View Profile
Re: GAME Version 2 [5 Years!]
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 09:43:45 AM »
Good game, It's awesome! This level gets perfect to the instance.