Wait What?!

Started by Zephyrite, October 05, 2018, 09:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrite

so i was working on my mini 8 by 8 for my first level posted to this mb (attached to this post... just found out you can do that here... wow...)
and something weird happened.
i haven't finished any zones yet, don't go actually trying to play the level yet, it's not even remotely finished.
go to the room "the pit of agony" and go down.
warp tokens will appear out of thin air!!
wait what file size is too large?!
HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO UPLOAD MY LEVEL?!

fraZ0R

[quote author=f̨͆͂͒͏͕̗r̷̢̬̖̤̣͈̣̾ͩͦ̽̋̈́̿̓ȧ̇͠҉̟͔͙̮̤͇̰ͅZ̎̊ͮ̓̋͢0R link=topic=3224.msg33440#msg33440 date=1497187593]
Ok , here is how you do it. First , you go to the documents. Pic:

then , you click on the VVVVVV folder. and open it Pic:

then you click on the levels folder and open that. Pic:

then you go find the level you want to post , and right click on it. Then click on Copy Pic:

then go back to documents , Pic:

right click , then put the cursor over new , then click on compressed zip folder. Pic:

you can then name it whatever you want Pic:

then open the zip folder you just made Pic:

, right click , click on paste Pic:

and now you have the level in the zip. Now all you have to do is post the level. Pics:

and then press post. Simple as that.

[Edited by Dav999: fixed all the images]
[/quote]
o wow apparently my zalgo username broke the quote

Zephyrite

oooh i'm supposed to put it in a zip file, that makes sense, but why post all those images? and what's with that weird quote author thing? why does that image say 2017?
why does it say edited by dav, when it wasn't edited by dav?
what's zalgo text?
is that why your username is weird?
here's the level, go ahead and see the weird magical warps!

Bruce Michez

Yes, warp tokens "crossing" the screen edge like that can cause strange glitches.  The "magic" warp tokens themselves are the same ones you've hidden behind the room name.  Of course, if you were to move them up one row, they wouldn't be hidden anymore.

I get that what you're trying to do is to make two of the top exits of "Eye of Onyx" one-way.  You're probably better off just using the actual one-way tiles, as in "Challenge Zones C and D" [room (8,2) in your level].

Technical note: essentially, what's happening is that warp lines only do something when the player touches them.  This is especially noticeable if you have enemies crossing the screen edge in such a room - sometimes, they'll teleport to where they "should" be the moment a warp line is activated.

Zephyrite

Thanks!
I want to make it seem like there's no way out of "Eye of Onyx", until you try to go back the way you came (or try to get the other trinket, on the other challenge zone, only to realize it just takes you back)
putting one way tiles in "The Pit of Agony"
would make it obvious that there's another path
back to working on my level I guess