Game won't start

Started by TheFullestCircle, November 21, 2018, 03:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFullestCircle

My game won't start. I recently got a new laptop, and the problem started happening then.

When I open VVVVVV, Steam runs the update thing if there's an update, says it's preparing to launch VVVVVV, and then...doesn't. When I check on the Steam page, it says "Last played: Today". Opening it through Steam doesn't help, although in the sidebar displaying your games it does say that VVVVVV is running for a split second.

I have some levels to work on and I need this fixed before I can work on them...  :victoria:

Bruce Michez

Ved and/or Make & Play to the rescue?

TheFullestCircle

That doesn't really help that much...

I would rather try to solve the problem rather that just look for ways to dodge it.

Peridot

I recall having a problem similar to this a few years back. What I did was launch the game, and if the game didn't open up I'd go into task manager and look for the VVVVVV application, end the task, then try to open the game up again. Otherwise if that doesn't work for you try uninstalling the game, rebooting the computer, and reinstall the game again. And if that doesn't solve it than in Steam, right click on the game, select "properties", go to the "local files" tab, and click "verify integrity of game files." If that doesn't work, then I honestly don't know what could be causing the game to be so difficult, but in my experience if a game is being stubborn, doing any of these fixes the problem for me. Hope this helps!

TheFullestCircle

This...didn't work.  :violet:

I think what it's doing is opening the game and then immediately closing it again. I have no idea why it's doing that or how I can fix it.

TheFullestCircle

It works!  :viridian:
Turns out there was a problem with my laptop. There was a missing file. But it works now!

Peridot

Let's have a party! *blows horn*