"C" Objects [VVVVVV Contest Round 3, 3rd place]

Started by uugr, December 06, 2018, 08:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uugr

Okay I forgot to upload this one a while back so here it is. No screenshots this time, but here are the reviews:

Quote from: Reviews???Feedback from Alexia - 8.0
That was... pretty good.
And, pretty buggy.
I think I dmed you all of the bugs I found.
Pretty nice level, enjoyed the dialogue.
It's cool how you used an enemy as a crewmate.

Feedback from Dav999 - 7.5
Especially focuses on
plot, maybe could've used
a bit more gameplay.

The phrase describes the
level well.

I don't think I've seen
any glitches.

Feedback from Lithium - 9.0
great story, nice jokes, a bit glitchy but still very cool

Uh, that's it I think. I doubt I'll be going back to fix the glitches this time, as this level's IS is REALLY complicated and I have no clue what causes the ones I haven't fixed already. OK, have fun.

Ally 🌠

like all the other contest levels, would recommend

Bruce Michez

I liked this one a lot.  The race to get killed by "Glad Carew" was the highlight for me.  Interestingly, the "dulled" spikes made ":violet:"'s section harder as they have the same hitbox as normal spikes - the "Section 7" trinket challenge was especially fiendish for this reason.

"Violet C Lab - Section 8" appears to be outright impossible to pass "for real" - is this intentional?

I only ran into one noticeable glitch - I somehow got respawned inside a wall during "Verdigris C Lab - Section 3" (8,13).  Strangely, this only happened to me once and I wasn't able to reproduce it.

uugr

It should be possible to do it in the editor, although it's REALLY hard and requires some pixel jumps. You can't actually get to the end in the main level, since the script box cuts you off no matter what. If you want to try it in the editor, uhhhh go ahead, although I don't recommend it as its difficulty is pretty BS. I haven't done it myself without added checkpoints.

Unfortunately,  :verdigris: 's section is buggy in a lot of weird ways like that - a lot of people have reported different glitches, some reproducible, some not. I have NO idea what causes them and that area's scripting is too much of a nightmare to sift through at this point, so buggy it shall remain.

Bruce Michez

Quote from: uugr on December 11, 2018, 09:50:04 PM
If you want to try it in the editor, uhhhh go ahead.
Yeah, I did.  I gave up pretty quickly.

vime viller

your vitellary stuck since I touch the wall then say "Time to touch it!".  The cutscene won`t disappear and also I can`t move anyway :'(.

welcomebackchristopher

Quote from: Bruce Michez on December 10, 2018, 11:11:56 PM
I only ran into one noticeable glitch - I somehow got respawned inside a wall during "Verdigris C Lab - Section 3" (8,13).  Strangely, this only happened to me once and I wasn't able to reproduce it.

I came across this bug in the exact same place as you did, so:

Quote from: uugr on December 11, 2018, 09:50:04 PM
a lot of people have reported different glitches, some reproducible, some not. I have NO idea what causes them and that area's scripting is too much of a nightmare to sift through at this point, so buggy it shall remain.

Inclined to say that this is one of the reproducible ones, but the setup would take long enough to work out that it's not worth the time to actually do it. Like you said, no fixes forthcoming, so this isn't worth worrying about.

Fiefen