Abort!

Started by Ally 🌠, February 04, 2019, 11:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ally 🌠

Abort!

You ready to jump?

"the amount of effort put into the cutscenes is a little mind blowing." - mothbeanie

"alexia isn't afraid to put a bunch of work into custom art and tedious scripting for shit that'll be onscreen for like a few frames." - Allison Fleischer

"Wow. This is great." - Fussmatte

"if you actually made that sleep song all on your own that's HELLA impressive, seriously it's actually so unironically good." - uugr

"i liked the sans" - Starspire

As Viridian prepares for a drug trial, the doctor tells them everything will be okay.
The doctor reassures Viridian, telling them that they do it all the time, and nothing has ever went wrong.

It seems like it isn't Viridian's lucky day.

As Viridian fights to keep their mental sanity, they becomes trapped in their own mind, with seemingly no way out.
Will you help lead them back into reality? Will they escape alive?
And one more question...

Are you ready to jump?

Screenshots:

Download:
https://mega.nz/file/duQADCjS#zZKWuTLxTSf_viavVUWHWnxL92mOalxf6OzpdSUsm_Y

Go Sleep:
https://soundcloud.com/invisioncatnip/go-sleep

This level was made for the joke level contest on the VVVVVV Discord server.
You can read the reviews there.

moth 🦋

this level is great and also pretty silly, yall should play it!

allison

this level's silly, short, and surprisingly elaborate. also go sleep is wow

Joshua

Really great custom graphics + custom music.
Didn't have any problems difficulty wise.

It was fun to play through this level, and just experience a bunch of different random stuff it throws at me.

RobinTendo

Wow... Ehh... That was... Weird, I guess?
But also fricking cool!!!

Ally 🌠

The music file caused issues with anything higher than 2.2, so I have updated the OP with a new download.
Also, this is packed correctly for 2.3 and VVVVVV: Community Edition, so you should be able to drop the zip file directly in the levels folder and VVVVVV should be able to load the level and assets directly from the zip.

Info Teddy

Quote from: AllyTally ♡ on June 15, 2020, 12:57:31 AMThe music file caused issues with anything higher than 2.2
honestly, you're lucky that the music file even works on 2.2 in the first place

by filling the headers with 0x69, cos8o made it so that the game thinks there's a bunch of songs in the file at position 0x69696969 and are also 0x69696969 bytes long. or 1768515945 bytes long. which is literally 1768515 kilobytes, or 1769 megabytes, or 1.8 gigabytes.

attempting to allocate a bunch of 1.8-gig blocks of data will not end well, and will probably result in the game being closed on windows. (windows kills the process if it mallocs more than the amount of available memory, instead of returning NULL, but that's a rant for another time.) if you're lucky, your build of the game will do nothing. but only if you're lucky.

i've no idea how his music files work fine on 2.2 at all, and what's scarier is how many people have probably used his trash editor to make music files, and now there's just a bunch of music files floating around in the wild with a bunch of 0x69 garbage because dipshit mcgee here thinks he's the pinnacle of humor