The Grand Majestic, by Team Violet

Started by Ally 🌠, August 06, 2019, 03:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ally 🌠

The Grand Majestic
By Allison, Ally, weee50 and DaKook

Wait, that's with 2 L's, right?

"this is probably one of the most unique and wonderful experiences i've had playing a level." - ShinyKitten07

"A short but alright experience. Very impressive scripting (Particularly the intro, and for what's related to the "non-linear" word) ." - Balneor

"This level is a wonderful story-based 10 minutes that certainly goes way beyond my abilities with scripting, [...]" - Uugr

Viridian wakes up on the ship. For some odd reason, they woke up in a part of the ship where they weren't supposed to.

Viridian doesn't think about it.

Violet and Vermilion are the only two other crewmates on the ship, as they explain how the others have gone missing, and Viridian needs to find them.
When Viridian tries to exit the ship, they're quickly stopped by a shutter.

Viridian tells Vermilion to stand guard by the shutter incase anyone comes, and tells Violet to try to establish contact through comms.
Violet and Vermilion both do what they're told.
A bit later, Viridian stops by the shutter and talks with Vermilion a bit, but he seems to be acting a bit weirViolet and Vermilion both do what they're told.
A bit later, Viridian stops by the shutter and talks with Vermilion a bit, but he seems to be acting a bit weirViolet and Vermilion both do what they're told.
A bit later, Viridian stops by the shutter and talks with Vermilion a bit, but he seems to be acting a bit weir

Violet and Vermilion both do what they're told.

Screenshots:

Download:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/592115850299834368/608322756446257172/The_Grand_Majestic.7z

Level OST:
https://allisonfleischer.bandcamp.com/album/the-grand-majestic

Video:
https://youtu.be/A1AfspiF-Ho

This level was made for the team level contest on the VVVVVV Discord server.
You can read the reviews there.

allison

hi, i worked on this level and you fools should play it

mayo pigeon

It's actually pretty impressive. I would like to know how you made it.

moth 🦋

this level is incredible seriously play it. the ost!!!! so good!!! aaaaahhhh

Joshua

This level probably has the highest impressiveness per playtime ratio out of all v6 levels I have played so far.

The first time when I played it I completed it after the third time of talking to Vermilion. After that I went back into the level to try other options.
In the end I wished this level would have been a bit longer. But for what the level did do, it did it incredibly well.