Steam adding a lvl?

Started by Wolkenfiech, July 29, 2011, 09:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolkenfiech

Hey guy´s  i have a simple question but the awnser is a bit harder  :vitellary:

can please someone tell me how i can add youre awesome maps into my game?

I tryed to put the files into the steam folder where  :-* is installed ---> Maps folder.

the lvls have the .vvvvv dataname so they might be correckt but the game or maybe steam itself doesn´t load them if i place them in the maps folder, so how can i "install" them?

;)

Btw: second best game ever (after ff7 ^^)
Love it very much ;)

Psychopath

If I'm not mistaken, you should be receiving the .vvvvvv files from wherever you downloaded them. Once you've put the files into the proper directory, open them up in the level editor (Main Menu>Player Levels>Level Editor) and you should be able to play them. Sorry, but you cannot add them to the main lineup, that's for Terry to take care of.

Wolkenfiech

;)

Finnaly i can play youre guys great lvl´s to thank you very much ;)  :viridian:

so 1 last question... what are the trinkets good for?

Ice

Actually, if you put the maps in the My Documents>VVVVVV folder, they show up in the list fine, no editor required.

Psychopath

Trinkets, at the moment, are for bragging rights and personal satisfaction.

Otherwise, nothing right now. Terry doesn't have completed levels have saves like the Time Trials, so it's all driven by your own desire for shiny things (at least for the time being).

Quote from: Ice on July 29, 2011, 09:08:44 PM
Actually, if you put the maps in the My Documents>VVVVVV folder, they show up in the list fine, no editor required.
Then I guess I've been doing it wrong

SirBryghtside

Quote from: Psychopath on July 29, 2011, 09:06:33 PM
If I'm not mistaken, you should be receiving the .vvvvvv files from wherever you downloaded them. Once you've put the files into the proper directory, open them up in the level editor (Main Menu>Player Levels>Level Editor) and you should be able to play them. Sorry, but you cannot add them to the main lineup, that's for Terry to take care of.
I ran into that problem, but it's easy to fix if you just change the description of the level  :viridian:

Arkatox

Quote from: Psychopath on July 29, 2011, 09:10:56 PM
Quote from: Ice on July 29, 2011, 09:08:44 PM
Then I guess I've been doing it wrong

Actually, Ice is actually following the directions that Terry himself has stated. He says to put the levels in the VVVVVV folder in My Documents/Documents. If you found a way to do it otherwise, that's great, but Ice was just repeating what Terry himself said.