Ship - A PJBottomz Level

Started by PJBottomz, August 02, 2011, 06:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJBottomz

:viridian: Oh boy, we're on a ship.

Now, this is my first level, and I've cropped it and fixed it and tested it so many times, and I can't seem to find any bugs. PLEASE, if you find anything wrong with it, let me know and I'll look into it.

Thatguy

In the Secret Lab screen, the first terminal is slightly glitched.  :verdigris: You better look into that.
At least it doesn't crash the game.

EDIT: Also, please, don't make trinkets that you have to die to get. After "Prize for the Reckless", I don't want to see more suicide trinkets. :victoria:

EDIT 2:
Found this single block on the room "Main Deck"

Was that supposed to be there?

EDIT 3:
The "Outer Deck" Terminal is also glitched. Its the same glitch that happened with the secret lab one.

PJBottomz

Oh! I just noticed that terminal. I'll look into it.

I'll fix that, although the one in the processing room can be obtained w/o death if you time a flip just right. I've done it before.

No, that block is NOT supposed to be there. I'll have to go fix that. It was originally connected to the ship, but I decided that was lame, so that's why it's still there...

EDIT: Okay, everything you noted has been changed. No suicide trinkets. The one in the processing room can still be gotten with a timed flip and incase you DO
die, I put a checkpoint there. The single block has been removed. And I fixed the terminal in the Secret Lab.

YouKnow

I'm typing this as I play through it:

In Random Hallway, coming from the left, I don't like how close those spikes are on the floor.  It's one of those deaths you can't see coming.

In Spike Room, the checkpoint is in a bad place.  If you die in another room and respawn in that room, you get killed by the platform pushing you into the spikes.

There's a collision/alignment error in the top right corner of Processing Room Exit.

In Processing Room, personally, I would put spikes in the ceiling of the right exit, so players don't walk right into the spikes in Too Close for Comfort.  Also, again, this is just me, but I would put spikes underneath that trinket instead of a teleporter token, so the player knows they'll die if they just fall right in.  There's a couple more unforeseen death points like this in this level, but I'm guilty of the same thing in my level.

There's another collision error if you fall at the bottom left corner of Storage Room Exit.

Are the enemies in Secret Passage suppose to be impossible to get around?

There's another walking right into spikes moment in Lab Hall Pt. 2 on the left.

In Computer Storage, I would put that checkpoint on the right at the base of the spike shaft, so the player doesn't have to make that little flip every time he/she messes up in the next room.

That's all I've found so far.  I haven't gotten all the trinkets yet, though.

PJBottomz

Those spikes are supposed to be there. Did you not read the, "Walk Into Next Room ^" thing?

I'll move it to where you drop in.

I'll look at it.

That would work. I'll do that.

I'll fix that.

Yes, they are. It's so that the player doesn't get an easy route back into the other room.

Really? I'll have to fix that.

Didn't think it would matter. I'll change it.