roomerBang - First attempt

Started by DcTurner, July 31, 2011, 11:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DcTurner

:verdigris:
Hello all,

Here's my first stab at a level - it's fairly basic, designed not to be too infuriating, just a fun set of obstacles.
There are a couple of trinkets hidden away too.

The editor is loads of fun - I'll try something a little more adventurous next time.   :)

dt

Ice

This level is really, really, fun. I can't really think of any problems with it. My favorite room by far is the bee room, it's challenging, but very, very fair, and forces you to think ahead to what you're doing. I guess if I had to name any problems, it would be to make the room naming more consistent. It looked like you had originally numbered them or something, and then gotten rid of the numbers, but left out some names? I dunno. It would also be dandy if you added flags to your scripts to only make them fire once, I found myself going through the same boxes a lot. The design is very, very solid though, I love it.

(Also, I think Victoria is whiny too)

Shuhasu

This was definitely a fun one!
Guess I missed a trinket though, oh well next time!  :viridian:

Terry

Heh, I like this one a lot. It's very polished - particularly liked the roomnames! Got both trinkets. :viridian:

Poor Victoria! :victoria:

TheoX

Rating #016
Enjoyment: 9/10
Aesthetics: 8/10
Novelty: 7/10
Difficulty: 7/10
Room Names: 9/10

I really liked this one as well.  The difficulty was just right for me, maybe it's because I'm good at dodging enemies.  The back-and forth pattern of enemies got a little stale throughout the level, but it didn't make me want to quit.  I liked your room names a lot.  "Let's Not, and Say We Did" cracked me up a bit.  My favorite room was "Stay a While, Stay Forever" - it looked really good with the square enemies and the square tiles and.. yeah.  Good aesthetics in there.

The bees room was evil but I made it through eventually!  Just a note: you used those rotating square enemies a LOT.

Fun and interesting level!

DcTurner

Cheers you guys, glad you enjoyed it  ;D

I'm going to delve a little deeper into scripting next week - should have a new level ready soon.

This forum is great; really busy and helpful.
:viridian: