D. 333333 now updated! Easy and Hard mode included! V2 Bug Fixes Inside!

Started by Sendy, August 16, 2011, 05:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sendy

Thanks PJ... It's fun adding what is basically leftover junk graphics that were unused in the original game and making new stuff out of them.. I'm particularly pleased with the 'smog clouds' and some of the transitions between screens you can make with Direct. I didn't bother to make every screen a transition, though. I just did it where I thought it would add to the atmosphere.

I don't know how to use the new scripting commands, so as of yet, no, just graphic updates and a couple of level tweaks for the easier.

PJBottomz

Quote from: Sendy on November 06, 2011, 08:15:14 PM
Thanks PJ... It's fun adding what is basically leftover junk graphics that were unused in the original game and making new stuff out of them.. I'm particularly pleased with the 'smog clouds' and some of the transitions between screens you can make with Direct. I didn't bother to make every screen a transition, though. I just did it where I thought it would add to the atmosphere.

I don't know how to use the new scripting commands, so as of yet, no, just graphic updates and a couple of level tweaks for the easier.

The smog clouds are very inventive! Anyway, for your future reference:

Colored Text - say(X,crewname)
Crewnames can be: Violet, Victoria, Vermilion, Verdigris, Vitellary, Viridian

Crew Mood Change - happy(crewname)
Crewnames can be: Violet, Victoria, Vermilion, Verdigris, Vitellary

Hope that helps! If needed, I can fix the scripts for you. I promise I won't change ANYTHING in the storyline at all.

Sendy

Quote from: PJBottomz on November 07, 2011, 02:44:49 AM

Hope that helps! If needed, I can fix the scripts for you. I promise I won't change ANYTHING in the storyline at all.

Thanks, that was helpful as I was in a hurry :)

Damn It AL to Hell

Oh, so that's how you change the text color!  :D (Facepalm) Thanks PJ!

PJBottomz

Quote from: Sendy on November 07, 2011, 07:28:02 PM

Thanks, that was helpful as I was in a hurry :)

No problem! ;)

Sendy

I'm 99% done with updating the Hard Mode version of the level. It only took about an hour and a half, I was expecting it to be a lot more tedious. I did it by having 2 vvvvvv's open (that makes vvvvvvvvvvvv I guess) and copying the differences across.

So now you can suffer the evil version in glorious post-patch HD! I guess I'll send them both off to Terry tonight to see if he wants to host them.

loismustdie555

i just bought vvvvvv on the 3ds ( it rocks btw ) and beat it, then i tried this mod and... i am stuck in the entryway to "the green room" (yes i know there is likely something i don't see, but i don't see it ) all i see is spikes and no way to make it to the first platform without invincible mode  :'( 
can someone plz show some pics (or email me if those count as spoilers)

thanks

Terry

I looked through the entire map in the editor, and don't see anywhere called "the green room", so I guess you're referring to the first room in the green area? And I don't see anything in that room that should be a problem.

Could you give me an exact room name, and I'll try to help you out?

loismustdie555

Terry

Yikes, now I'm worried there's a bug or something. That room should be pretty simple!

(It should just be a matter of stepping off onto the first platform.)

Terry

The two platforms at the top of the screen; are they not moving towards you?

Are you playing the game with invincibility mode on?

loismustdie555

they are not moving at all and yes i have invincibility mode on. is that a problem?

Terry

Ah, that explains it.

Basically, invincibility mode isn't really "supported" for normal play. Using it can cause all sorts of glitches, including that one - it turns spikes into blocks, which isn't a problem for the normal VVVVVV levels (as in VVVVVV, spikes don't ordinarily collide with moving platforms) - but it is a problem for some player levels that are designed with overlapping spikes and platforms.

I'd suggest just turning off invincibility mode. The game's a lot more fun if you do! :viridian: