Everlasting: The open source SINGLE VVVVVV level

Started by FlamingBanana, August 25, 2011, 09:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlamingBanana

WOAH MAN, INFINITY HAS A TWIN!

Thats wrong NOW RIGHT, peoples of the universe, INFINITY DOES HAVE A TWIN!  :viridian:

AS you probably know, Infinity is pure awesome the open source HUB VVVVVV level. Are you up to creating a whole level? No? Then THIS is the place for you!

Rooms contributed:
FlamingBanana: 4

Our scripter-in-chief is Franz24! 3 rounds of applause!  :viridian: He will add a script to the level once it is complete, giving it a story so a bunch of random weird storylines don't pop up. You shouldn't (read: i will remove if you do) script unless its something like, say, you need x script to disable y gravity line. You can still do that, of course.   :viridian:

THIS is ONE level, with rooms added on by different members! HURRAH!

Rules are the same as infinity (still no scripting  :victoria: ). You can find infinity here: http://distractionware.com/forum/index.php?topic=546

Download Everlasting here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36647697/Everlasting.vvvvvv

Version history:
1.0-Initial release
1.1-Franz24 fixes the red room
     -Franz24 makes the second room more awesome

--FlamingBanana

PJBottomz

I would contribute to this, but open source levels aren't my thing. I can't work with a random idea.

But, I will be happy to repair scripts and fix mapping errors for you! At least I can contribute something!

FlamingBanana

Have you considered Infinity, where you make a level based by itself instead of adding to a single level? Or buying the local mcdonalds?

PJBottomz

I did, but I only got to use so many rooms. :'( Not my thing...

Likewise, I can fix up both Everlasting and Infinity if I tend to hear of problems.

FlamingBanana

Well...Here's an idea: how about you add scripting? You could add in script to create a story and such. That would be AWESOME. :viridian:

Franz24

I'm working op 'The Mission' a lot at the moment, but I promise I'll create a/some screen(s) for this one too! ;D

FlamingBanana

I dont like this smiley:  :D It looks like your mocking me  :victoria: Use  ;D instead ok?  ;)

But seriously, thanks!  :viridian:

PJBottomz

:o Are you for real? I'd love too!

Wow, I can't believe I've been ASKED to script!

I'll download Infinity and start adding scripts, but I think I'll wait until Everlasting is done until I start adding some.

FlamingBanana

Quote from: PJBottomz on August 26, 2011, 08:23:42 PM
Wow, I can't believe I've been ASKED to script!

Believe it!  :vermillion:

Im no good with scripting, and your'e
QuoteTHAT SCRIPTING TUTORIAL GUY
, so you should be awesome at it.  ;D

PJBottomz

FlamingBanana

STATUS UPDATE for those reading our conversation and wondering what the huge break is:

PJBottomz is currently redesigning Infinity (read: twin) and the conversation continues over there on that thread.

Franz24

Quote from: FlamingBanana on August 26, 2011, 07:52:02 PM
I dont like this smiley:  :D It looks like your mocking me  :victoria: Use  ;D instead ok?  ;)

But seriously, thanks!  :viridian:

It's terry's fault, when I'm happy I type : D and that gets the evil smiley D: to get the happy one you have to type ; D. (why did he do that?)
By the way, I'm working on your level now ;D

EDIT:
Before I make any levels a few things:  :viridian:

1. Is the second level impossible or am I just stupid?
2. The third level has a lot of bugs because of the warp.
3. You should make the level size 20x20 in case this gets really really popular and featured by Terry! ^^

EDIT2:
I couldn't resist trying to fix the bugs ^^

1. in the second level it's now more possible to get it (first it was just luck)
2. fixed a room alignment error in the level with the disappearing platforms
3. fixed a lot of weird bugs in the red level
4. That was it I think.. :)

here's the download link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25247468/Everlasting.vvvvvv

FlamingBanana

Franz24

Could I (except for level-creator) become the official fixer for this level? ^^
(Well fixer sounds boring, but you are better in coming up with awesome titles)
Just like I did now, fixing stuff and making other stuff more awesome?
:viridian:

FlamingBanana

You are hereby Decimal-Captain.
(get it?)
I'm trying to think of something better but I can't think of anything. Give me a half-hour  :shiny: