Viridian is a Girl

Started by PJBottomz, September 29, 2011, 12:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJBottomz

Quote from: Terry on September 29, 2011, 01:31:13 AM
Viridian is Viridian.

... Even I can't beat that.

But Terry, IS Viridian a girl? Because, according to this complete legal internet picture document, you said, "SHE is optimistic" and stuff.

Dispensers Heal

So, what he said is true: VIRIDIAN IS VIRIDIAN.

Wait... if Viridian = Viridian...

...nah, not possible.

I still believe he's male, though. He and Victoria seem to be a pairing that will work.

:viridian::victoria:

PJBottomz

Dispensers Heal

Quote from: PJBottomz on September 29, 2011, 01:35:35 AM
Quote from: Dispensers Heal on September 29, 2011, 01:33:23 AM

NO! It's not that! It's :victoria: + :vitellary:

No.

:vitellary: fights over  :violet: with  :verdigris: and  :vermillion:

:viridian: and  :victoria: don't realize they're beginning to form a relationship.

PJBottomz

Martze

I myself assumed Viridian was male, but then I read somewhere that Viridian's gender was deliberately left unspecified. For that reason, I was very careful to avoid revealing Viridian's gender in my user levels. That's why the descriptions say refer to Viridian as "you." It was awkward, but it was better than repeatedly saying Viridian. In fact, that's the whole joke behind the terminal in Quantum Tunnel that asks for Viridian's gender. Viridian responds with a joke, and the terminal is annoyed, but in the end it doesn't come out. The idea was to skirt dangerously close to revealing it, then veer away at the last second.

Dispensers Heal

Quote from: PJBottomz on September 29, 2011, 01:55:50 AM
Quote from: Dispensers Heal on September 29, 2011, 01:42:44 AM
Quote from: PJBottomz on September 29, 2011, 01:35:35 AM
Quote from: Dispensers Heal on September 29, 2011, 01:33:23 AM

NO! It's not that! It's :victoria: + :vitellary:

No.

:vitellary: fights over  :violet: with  :verdigris: and  :vermillion:

:viridian: and  :victoria: don't realize they're beginning to form a relationship.

NO. YOU ARE WRONG.

Problem, PJBottomz?
:viridian:Come on, Victoria. Let's go back to the ship. :victoria: Okay.

DensetsuNoKaboom

Like Terry said, Viridian is Viridian.

And Dimension VVVVVV is our world in the future.

Dispensers Heal

Quote from: DensetsuNoKaboom on September 29, 2011, 10:24:34 AM
Like Terry said, Viridian is Viridian.

And Dimension VVVVVV is our world in the future.

I doubt that.

VVVVVV is the fourteenth dimension. Our dimension is the seventh.

PJBottomz

Quote from: Dispensers Heal on September 29, 2011, 09:53:24 AM
Problem, PJBottomz?

YES. Victoria is my favorite character, and I won't have you pairing her with anyone except for Vitellary.

They were meant to be.

Terry

Quote from: PJBottomz on September 29, 2011, 02:02:13 PM
Quote from: Dispensers Heal on September 29, 2011, 09:53:24 AM
Problem, PJBottomz?

YES. Victoria is my favorite character, and I won't have you pairing her with anyone except for Vitellary.

They were meant to be.

It's interesting that people don't pick up on this more, actually - the idea is that the complimentary colours are a little "closer" to each other, which is very obvious in the case of :verdigris: and :violet:, a little less obvious in the case of  :viridian: and :vermillion:, but perhaps it's entirely too subtle in the case of :vitellary: and :victoria:. :vitellary: and :victoria: actually have a great deal of mutual respect and admiration for each other.

PJBottomz

Complimentary colors? You mean that colors that look good together? If that was the case, then wouldn't it be :vermillion: and :victoria:?

Martze

In Kindergarten, they teach the RYB color model because it corresponds well with the colors people use colloquially in our culture. But they aren't true primaries because they can't produce certain shades--for instance, cyan and magenta. The RYB color system produces a more limited color space.

VVVVVV uses this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RGB_color_model

I'm no expert on color theory, but I am of the understanding that the RGB color model more closely approximates the way the human eye works. It's not perfect, though, because there's a psychological and cultural component to it. For instance, most everything between cyan and blue is generally called "blue", and there's special words for light red (pink) and dark orange (brown).

Dispensers Heal

:viridian::victoria: makes more sense.  :vitellary: is too involved in being the smart one (and thus probably married science) and  :vermillion: loves the Super Gravitron.

Also,  :verdigris: and  :violet: are in a relationship. They also suffer amusing injuries.

(Like I did with a door a few minutes ago.)

PJBottomz

Quote from: Dispensers Heal on September 29, 2011, 08:04:00 PM
:viridian::victoria: makes more sense.  :vitellary: is too involved in being the smart one (and thus probably married science) and  :vermillion: loves the Super Gravitron.

Also,  :verdigris: and  :violet: are in a relationship.

Do you even play VVVVVV? :victoria: is obviously obsessed with :vitellary: because of the way she constantly worries about him. And :verdigris: and :violet: are not IN a relationship. Verdigris just likes her. And :viridian: loves trinkets. And :vermillion: loves... pudding?

:viridian: and :victoria: wouldn't work because :victoria: doesn't like adventuring.