Here are the latest patched beta executables for Windows, Mac and Linux. Please let us know if you encounter any problems or if it fixes the issues you have had.
Instructions: Replace your executable with the patch binary and place the contents of the levels.zip in "[VVVVVV directory]/data/levels/".
- Seven new player levels added to the game:
- “The Tower of Power” by Ruari O'Sullivan
- “Vertex Vortex” by Matt Thorson
- “Dimension 333333" by Sendy
- "Victuals” by Noyb
- “Seasons” by Michael Brough
- "Soul Searching" by Matthew Rodriguez
- "Quantum Tunnel" by Matthew Rodriguez
- New Direct mode in editor allows you to manually set each tile (press F10 to toggle it in a room, Ctrl+Arrows change tile, Middle Click for dropper)
- Added speaker command to change textbox colour and position in player levels
- Player levels now have minimaps
- Player levels which have been previously completed are now marked with a star
- Save and Load map controls added to editor menu
- Editor now asks if you'd like to save before exiting
- Changed Shift behavior in menus (Now a menu toggle like the space menu, not a modifier)
- Roomname disappears in the editor when the mouse cursor is at the bottom of the screen
- Added new scripting command to show/hide the map - "map(on/off)" (on by default)
- "happy" and "sad" commands can now change the mood of any character
- Added "squeak" command, which turns crewmate squeaking on/off, or makes a crewmate squeak
- Say and Reply commands now support much longer scripts
- GPU acceleration enabled.
- Large performance gains for high res screens.
- Steam overlay enabled.
- Game pad support!
- Time trial ranks are now being saved properly
- Fixed one pixel offset in vertical gravity lines
- Entities are now coloured according to tileset while in the editor
- Game now remembers slowdown settings
- Resolution settings are now applied before preloader
- R to restart from the last checkpoint now only works in player levels (as it should)
- Time trial music fades back on reset
- Changing tileset colour and enemy types in editor display info properly
- Quitting during a cutscene will reset cutscene bars
- Typing stuff in the editor no longer mutes music
- Resolution settings are now being saved properly
- Quicksaves now work in scrolling tower levels
- WASD controls work in game
- Flip mode is disabled in the editor
- Alt-tab is more usable
- Mouse hiding is more intuitive.
- Many more fixes.