Beta patch 2.1 Final

Started by simoroth, October 04, 2011, 04:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viridan

WHERE IS SDL_image.dll AND WHY IS IT MISSING FROM MY COMPUTER!? >:D

blue626

???
Nothing in the instructions in the 1st post mentions a file called like that! ???

Dav999

Maybe there was an error message or something?

Try downloading SDL_image.dll from the internet or something.

cmpgk1024

SDL_image.dll is the SDL library. It should have came with VVVVVV when you first installed it(before 2.1). Here's a link to download it. http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_image/  Put it in C:\Windows\system or system32 if you downloaded the 32 bit on a 64 bit computer.

MoogiGMD

Hey also this fixed VVVVVV lagging :)

N

Whenever I start up 2.1, the game runs, but the screen is white.
I really want this version, as I only have 2.0! :'(

Dav999

Windows users in October 2011 a few days after the beta patch: WHEN IS THE STEAM VERSION COMING? / THANK YOU FOR UPDATING, I COULDN'T HAVE WAITED ANOTHER DAY! / WHEN WILL THIS VERSION BECOME FINAL?

Mac users in October 2012: still patiently waiting for the BETA patch 8)

FIQ

Let's help Terry fix it
...somehow...

Dav999

Quote from: FIQ on October 01, 2012, 11:47:10 PM
Let's help Terry fix it
...somehow...

Help? How did you want to help him finish it?

FIQ

Quote from: Dav999 on October 02, 2012, 08:09:56 PM
Quote from: FIQ on October 01, 2012, 11:47:10 PM
Let's help Terry fix it
...somehow...

Help? How did you want to help him finish it?
If Terry opened the source, the community would be able to fix the problem. But that's not going to happen due to thw 3DS release.

blue626

You're talking about this, right? I don't see why the 3DS version is related to it, but... I don't know exactly what "Open source" means, anyway.

This makes me wonder what is S. Roth doing... is he still related to this? Why do I ask this? I doubt that Terry himself will do anything about this.

Also, I remind that there are still a lot of bugs/glitches in the game (mostly minor, though), some have been reported recently. This has a reason to be in beta.

FIQ

Quote from: blue626 on October 12, 2012, 05:13:56 PM
You're talking about this, right? I don't see why the 3DS version is related to it, but... I don't know exactly what "Open source" means, anyway.

This makes me wonder what is S. Roth doing... is he still related to this? Why do I ask this? I doubt that Terry himself will do anything about this.

Also, I remind that there are still a lot of bugs/glitches in the game (mostly minor, though), some have been reported recently. This has a reason to be in beta.
I don't know exactly but I think what Terry meant is that, now as the game is released on 3DSWare, and have a cost, Nintendo and/or Nicalis wouldn't like if the game became open source.

(Open source means that the source of the game, i.e. the coding, was public for anyone to play with (limited to a certain license that often comes with it))

avengah

It all depends on what was agreed with Nintendo / Nicalis. I'm pretty sure their claim is only over the 3DS version; I can't believe Terry would sign away his rights to the PC versions. Of course, without knowing what's in the contracts, we don't know. I think if Terry's allowed to do it, he should release the source because if he's not going to make another patch, the users should do it.

There are still some bugs - in fact, some of the bugs listed as "fixed", such as quicksaving in a tower and pressing M in the script editor, amongst others - are not fixed at all. It'd be nice to know whether this is a possibility, definitely.

FIQ

Quote from: avengah on October 13, 2012, 04:54:39 PM
It all depends on what was agreed with Nintendo / Nicalis. I'm pretty sure their claim is only over the 3DS version; I can't believe Terry would sign away his rights to the PC versions. Of course, without knowing what's in the contracts, we don't know. I think if Terry's allowed to do it, he should release the source because if he's not going to make another patch, the users should do it.

There are still some bugs - in fact, some of the bugs listed as "fixed", such as quicksaving in a tower and pressing M in the script editor, amongst others - are not fixed at all. It'd be nice to know whether this is a possibility, definitely.
Actually I think simonroth has a bit more up to date version on his computer (or at least SOMEWHERE) where these bugs listed as fixed but aren't, actually are fixed.

blue626

Quote from: FIQ on October 13, 2012, 06:39:38 PM
Quote from: avengah on October 13, 2012, 04:54:39 PM

Actually I think simonroth has a bit more up to date version on his computer (or at least SOMEWHERE) where these bugs listed as fixed but aren't, actually are fixed.

It happened the same thing here:

Quote from: Martze on August 03, 2011, 04:19:10 AM
I found some more bugs, though...  You seem to be having trouble with versioning, because some of them are old bugs you already fixed. :victoria: (I'm a pretty careless programmer myself and I screw up versioning all the time.)

Oh, and another reason to turn this stable is that only the people that know about this forum know about this patch. That should be 5-15% of everyone that has VVVVVV 2.x.