Beta patch 2.1 Final

Started by simoroth, October 04, 2011, 04:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martze

I wasn't expecting Quantum Tunnel to show up until the next release! I'm happy, but I certainly hope I didn't hold things back.

bdr9

Disregard this post. It was me being stupid.

PJBottomz

Ran into a rather large problem.

I placed some spikes using Direct Mode (because I needed backing for them) and when I walked onto the spikes, they did nothing. I didn't die. (And no, I didn't have invincibility on.) Is it just because they are tiles?

Blatch

Oh heck yes. I have been waiting for this patch for... I don't know how long.

First, I started tinkering with Direct Mode. There's a lot of cool stuff you can pull off with it, and I've also seen some tiles in it that aren't in the main game, such as a group of one-way tiles, disappearing junk that looks straight out of the prototype, and alternate Space Station backing.  :vitellary:

I'm very happy that I have very little problems with the beta. Hopefully, the next release (With achievements! That's a suprise) will make it even better. :viridian:

Dispensers Heal

So, is the Steam version coming on 10/6?

If it doesn't, SOMEONE's gonna wish they had a real Checkpoint.

Terry

Quote from: PJBottomz on October 05, 2011, 01:49:23 AM
Ran into a rather large problem.

I placed some spikes using Direct Mode (because I needed backing for them) and when I walked onto the spikes, they did nothing. I didn't die. (And no, I didn't have invincibility on.) Is it just because they are tiles?

Nope, some of the spikes aren't actually spikes. Direct Mode is a little techy. I'll write up a proper explanation of cases like this after the patch is released properly.

Terry

Quote from: Dispensers Heal on October 05, 2011, 01:55:26 AM

No, it'll take longer than that to put it all together, and who knows how long before steam update the patch on their end.

xTwoTails

This patch is epic, I loved seeing the maps on custom levels.

BIG thumbs up!

Damn It AL to Hell

Quote from: simoroth on October 04, 2011, 11:54:04 PM
Quote from: Vex69 on October 04, 2011, 10:15:25 PM
Wait, will this kill our save files?

Your save files should be intact.

Linux beta patches are now uploaded!

Yay! Thanks  ;D!

Dispensers Heal

Quote from: Terry on October 05, 2011, 02:02:33 AM
Quote from: Dispensers Heal on October 05, 2011, 01:55:26 AM

No, it'll take longer than that to put it all together, and who knows how long before steam update the patch on their end.

Actually, the folks at Valve don't update the games manually. They automatically update. They're not GT, you know.

onesandzeroes

Just had a quick go of the Linux patch (I'm on Ubuntu 11.04 64-bit), and fullscreen only seems to work properly when I set it to 640x480. If I set it to Auto or one of the higher resolutions, the game just runs in one corner of the screen and the rest is black. Also, the mouse cursor still shows up on the top of the game, so I had to move it to the corner to get it out of the way. The actual runny jumpy parts of the game are fine as far as I can tell.

EDIT: Scratch that, had another go, and it seems like the problem is OpenGl. None of the resolutions seem to work consistently is OpenGL is enabled, all of them seem to work fine if it's disabled.

simoroth

Quote from: onesandzeroes on October 05, 2011, 01:18:41 PM
Just had a quick go of the Linux patch (I'm on Ubuntu 11.04 64-bit), and fullscreen only seems to work properly when I set it to 640x480. If I set it to Auto or one of the higher resolutions, the game just runs in one corner of the screen and the rest is black. Also, the mouse cursor still shows up on the top of the game, so I had to move it to the corner to get it out of the way. The actual runny jumpy parts of the game are fine as far as I can tell.

EDIT: Scratch that, had another go, and it seems like the problem is OpenGl. None of the resolutions seem to work consistently is OpenGL is enabled, all of them seem to work fine if it's disabled.

Thanks for the input. Do you know what GPU/Drivers you are using?

onesandzeroes

Yeah, I've got a Geforce 8400M, and I'm using the proprietary drivers provided by Nvidia (version 270.41). The game's entirely playable with OpenGL on, it just doesn't fill the screen properly.

starttimartti

Following gripes with the windows version:
-Setting fullscreen mode to AUTO gives me a result that is off-center and in wrong aspect ratio.
-Fullscreen modes (other than 640x480) scale the image with nearest neighbour, so the jagged lines are even more jagged than usual.
-Disabling the opengl acceleration either freezes the game or just turns it black. The mouse cursor still moves on the black/frozen screen, so my monitor isn't the troublemaker here. I then can re-enable it "blindfolded" and the screen starts running again.
-The game doesn't remember the fullscreen settings when alt+enter'ing to windowed and back. When going back to fullscreen it uses the AUTO settings.
-There is a mouse cursor on screen! Herecy!

I would prefer that in fullscreen modes I could select my desired resolution and scaling options (like you can in windowed mode). My personal settings would be 1920x1080 and 2x scaling with nearest neighbour, so the game would be in the center of my screen rendered in 1280x960 with black bars on the sidees and without any blurring. Other possible scalings would ofc. be scale it as big as possible while retaining (or not) the aspect ratio and blurring the image.

My specs: W7 64bit pro, 1920x1080 screen, nvidia gtx260 with 275.33 drivers, Intel Q6600.

simoroth

Quote from: starttimartti on October 05, 2011, 02:04:36 PM
Following gripes with the windows version:
-Setting fullscreen mode to AUTO gives me a result that is off-center and in wrong aspect ratio.
-Fullscreen modes (other than 640x480) scale the image with nearest neighbour, so the jagged lines are even more jagged than usual.
-Disabling the opengl acceleration either freezes the game or just turns it black. The mouse cursor still moves on the black/frozen screen, so my monitor isn't the troublemaker here. I then can re-enable it "blindfolded" and the screen starts running again.
-The game doesn't remember the fullscreen settings when alt+enter'ing to windowed and back. When going back to fullscreen it uses the AUTO settings.
-There is a mouse cursor on screen! Herecy!

I would prefer that in fullscreen modes I could select my desired resolution and scaling options (like you can in windowed mode). My personal settings would be 1920x1080 and 2x scaling with nearest neighbour, so the game would be in the center of my screen rendered in 1280x960 with black bars on the sidees and without any blurring. Other possible scalings would ofc. be scale it as big as possible while retaining (or not) the aspect ratio and blurring the image.

My specs: W7 64bit pro, 1920x1080 screen, nvidia gtx260 with 275.33 drivers, Intel Q6600.

Thanks for the detailed report. Seems some of them were caused by the changes for Ubuntu. Weird that changing between modes gives you a black screen, we havnt seen that before.

As for the menu changes I think we will add a few more options or at least allow them to be edited via text file.