Author Topic: Beta patch 2.1 Final  (Read 71058 times)

Piplup1122

• Doctor
    • View Profile
Re: Beta patch 2.1 Final
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2012, 03:57:03 PM »
I don't have a ipad. There's a ipod but I'm not allowed to use it. :victoria: :violet:

Piplup1122

• Doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2012, 04:01:38 PM »
I re-installed it and it still looks like ____! :violet:

blue626

• Captain
  • I changed my avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2012, 04:05:27 PM »
I guess that you might have turned on the computer again after it crashed. Am I right?

Anyway, the weird graphics and the crash are strange. Were the graphics already like that when you opened VVVVVV after you replaced the app for the 1st time? If yes, nothing in this thread speaks about that.

>15 replies in 2 hours! Wow! :o :)

EDIT: 17 posts in about a day! :o
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 04:07:14 PM by blue626 »

Piplup1122

• Doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2012, 04:08:24 PM »
How did you guys do it? :victoria:
And yes...

Dav999

• Global Moderator
  • Captain
    • View Profile
    • The Open Level Project
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2012, 04:18:12 PM »

A week ago the forum was very slow, suddenly it's fast?

Piplup1122

• Doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2012, 04:19:13 PM »
Now I know WHY!!!
I WAS SUPPOSE TO MOVE AND REPLACE! NOT DELETE THIS 2.0! :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet:
Not to bother... just saying.

And I wasted $5.00 just to see this... :victoria:

EDIT: HOW COME IT HAPPENS ONLY TO THIS OLD COMPUTER!?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 04:33:12 PM by Piplup1122 »

Dav999

• Global Moderator
  • Captain
    • View Profile
    • The Open Level Project
« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2012, 04:43:53 PM »

Lol, this game has a lot to do with old computers :P

Piplup1122

• Doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 26, 2012, 05:11:31 PM »
There's nothing to do... :victoria: :victoria: :victoria: :violet:

blue626

• Captain
  • I changed my avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2012, 08:58:41 AM »

Note that on the 1st line I was referring to this thread, and that on the 2nd line I was referring to Piplup1122's posts.
Yes yesterday was an active day on the forum, relatively to the days before, and about the last 7 days were relatively inactive to the rest of the days in July.

Now I know WHY!!!
I WAS SUPPOSE TO MOVE AND REPLACE! NOT DELETE THIS 2.0! :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet: :violet:

Referring to what I highlighted: Do you mean you can't play VVVVVV anymore? Anyway, I hope Terry will read your posts.

Now, about the Mac version of this beta patch, which I talked about ≈20 replies behind this one ( :o ), why isn't it released yet?
Maybe, the person that's working on the patch (if it isn't Terry) is trying to create a "Save as..." window so that users can choose where to save. After it's checked that it works well, the stable version will be released on the Mac App Store, which is good for who bought VVVVVV there, getting only v.1.2. Well, the fact that there isn't one doesn't make glitches, am I right? So a beta without it would (and should be released), which makes me think that the "Save As..." window is not the reason why the beta patch for Mac isn't released yet. So, what's the reason?

FIQ

• Captain
  • https://github.com/FredrIQ/
    • View Profile
    • FIQ
« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2012, 09:41:24 AM »

Note that on the 1st line I was referring to this thread, and that on the 2nd line I was referring to Piplup1122's posts.
Yes yesterday was an active day on the forum, relatively to the days before, and about the last 7 days were relatively inactive to the rest of the days in July.

Now I know WHY!!!

Referring to what I highlighted: Do you mean you can't play VVVVVV anymore? Anyway, I hope Terry will read your posts.

Now, about the Mac version of this beta patch, which I talked about ≈20 replies behind this one ( :o ), why isn't it released yet?
Maybe, the person that's working on the patch (if it isn't Terry) is trying to create a "Save as..." window so that users can choose where to save. After it's checked that it works well, the stable version will be released on the Mac App Store, which is good for who bought VVVVVV there, getting only v.1.2. Well, the fact that there isn't one doesn't make glitches, am I right? So a beta without it would (and should be released), which makes me think that the "Save As..." window is not the reason why the beta patch for Mac isn't released yet. So, what's the reason?
It isn't that difficult to make that dialog to justify it taking a year really...

Simonroth (the one that made the C++ port and the 2.1 patch) disappeared randomly after a while, which I believe is the reason that the 2.1 patch development came to a halt. Which is a shame, 2.1-beta is more stable than 2.0, and even releasing it as stable wouldn't look bad. I believe Terry just want to wait until a finished Mac version before doing it.

blue626

• Captain
  • I changed my avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2012, 10:02:48 AM »
I was talking about the Mac beta patch, which is not yet released. I was trying to guess why it isn't released yet.
Terry mentioned he was going to hire someone to complete the patch (actually, you replied to that post). Is that person working on it, if someone already has been hired?

Arthur

• Doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 28, 2012, 08:14:07 AM »
You're lucky, I've kept on my PC the 2.0 installer ;) I could send it if I had a way to keep it away from other people...

Bearboy

• Captain
  • guy
    • View Profile
    • Bearboys Youtube
« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2012, 10:26:38 AM »
You're lucky, I've kept on my PC the 2.0 installer ;) I could send it if I had a way to keep it away from other people...
wouldn't it be possible to send through pm?

Arthur

• Doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 29, 2012, 02:37:19 AM »
No, I don't think you can make attachments to a PM. :( But I'm not sure...

FIQ

• Captain
  • https://github.com/FredrIQ/
    • View Profile
    • FIQ
« Reply #134 on: July 29, 2012, 02:47:41 AM »
Piplup1122: Where did you get VVVVVV 2.0 from the beginning? It should be available the same way as then, really.. (mail? check mail, HIB? go to the HIB link, steam? right click -> download again, or something like that). If it really isn't available that way, try mailing Terry.