Beta patch 2.1 Final

Started by simoroth, October 04, 2011, 04:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hilbert

WWWAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! WHEN I TRY TO TEST MY LEVEL WWW IT FREEZES WHEN I REACH A TERMINAL AND IN THE ROOM EXIT RIGHT VIRIDIAN KEEPS ON WALKING INTO A WALL AND THE ONLY WAY OUT IS TO QUIT VIA ESCAPE MY MOM WILL BE SO MAD IF SHE CATCHES ME WRITING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIQ

Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on August 12, 2012, 04:43:35 PM
WWWAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! WHEN I TRY TO TEST MY LEVEL WWW IT FREEZES WHEN I REACH A TERMINAL AND IN THE ROOM EXIT RIGHT VIRIDIAN KEEPS ON WALKING INTO A WALL AND THE ONLY WAY OUT IS TO QUIT VIA ESCAPE MY MOM WILL BE SO MAD IF SHE CATCHES ME WRITING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok.

Sometimes the VVVVVV script engine will just hang, with errors as you describe. The solution is to just restart the game.

Bearboy

Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on August 12, 2012, 04:43:35 PM
Why do you have ants up your pants?
Using the esc key isn't that big of a deal..

Hilbert

No it completly freezes but the problem is fixed now

Dav999

Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on August 13, 2012, 01:51:30 PM

Congratulations! That was the 1000th post in VVVVVV Tech Support! ;D

And this post made me Captain! :P (my 200th post)

blue626

Quote from: Dav999 on August 13, 2012, 02:15:44 PM
Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on August 13, 2012, 01:51:30 PM

Congratulations! That was the 1000th post in VVVVVV Tech Support! ;D

I noticed that the number of posts was almost 1000 too!
Quote from: Dav999 on August 13, 2012, 02:15:44 PM
And this post made me Captain! :P (my 200th post)

You also post very frequently: I registered 2 months before you and you posted more posts than me!

Don't you fell strange because your 200th post was off-topic? ... I would like to say that (the 1st line) too, so I don't mind.

My post was off-topic as well. Back on-topic.

Dav999

You have 1.214 posts per day. I have 5.316! Also, I have spent less than 2 hours more online than you. Some users are more active than others.

blue626

Actually, my registration date is wrong, becuase of a forum glitch (see this topic:Problems registering in this forum. I think it's an SMF problem, so I shouldn't have posted here!). I registered (and started to post) in 4 May. I am registered for 101 days and I have posted 195 posts. So, my real "posting rate" is ≈1,9/day. It's still smal, compared to yours.
Yes, some users are more active than others.
Back on-topic?

Dav999

I also didn't post the first 4 days, so after my first post I had 0.200 posts per day or something like that.

Quote from: blue626 on August 13, 2012, 03:28:41 PM
Back on-topic?

Yes. :viridian: (Followed by a moment of silence :D)

blue626

I found this glitch in v.2.0, so I'm not sure of this was fixed on 2.1.beta or not. Also, tell me if I should have reported this in the "V.2.: Report bugs here" thread or in the "2.1.2 Pre-release testing thread".
Note that with "in" I mean "in the same place as" and with "CP" I mean "checkpoint".

When spawining on a CP in the editor, :viridian:'s lower edge is ≈1 tile above (below if the CP is flipped) the lower edge of the CP and :viridian:'s right edge is in the CP's right edge. That doesn't always happen, as it doesn't happen if there's a wall or spike 2 tiles above the CP (below if it's flipped). After dying, :viridian:'s lower edge is in the CP's lower edge and :viridian: is centered in (really in) the CP horizontally (do you understand?). If the CP isn't flipped (I didn't test this while the CP is flipped) and there's a spike 1 tile to the right and 2 tiles above the CP's upper right tile, spawning in the editor (to that CP) causes death (the death isn't repeated as :viridian: touches the CP and the position after dying is different, as I told above).

EDIT: Since it's a good idea to report all bugs in the same thread, I quoted part of a post in a thread that I created to report a bug, copied the quote, erased the thread (it had no replies) and pasted the quote ere here:

Quote from: blue626 on July 04, 2012, 03:03:33 PM
If you start a time trial in the Final Level, and restart in a room where it changes room name and tile-set (because of the Dimensional Stabilizer); while it restarts, the room-name is "change".

I'm not sure if this has been reported or not. I'll search in some threads like this one.

Btw: I think that both of these glitches are minor.

MoogiGMD

right my controller works with VVVVVV...when was that added...i think 2.1 since it never did it in 2.0

Bearboy

Quote from: Hacker3443 on September 08, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
right my controller works with VVVVVV...when was that added...i think 2.1 since it never did it in 2.0
You've inspired me to try it with my usb controller. Let me see if it bears any fruit

MOTHER OF GOD IT DOES.

But does it work with minecraft?

MoogiGMD

what type do you use

i use a saitek

it doesn't with a saitek!

Bearboy

I guess it doesnt work with my logitech usb controller either.
>:D

MoogiGMD