Colored-Text Glitch

Started by PJBottomz, November 15, 2011, 02:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJBottomz

I've kind of noticed this while using colored text...

It's just a guess, but I think the code for the colored text is saving the color and posistion of the command as a variable for the certain script, and any "say" command that doesn't have another crewname command on it will color as the most recently used variable. So, technically:

say(1,victoria)
[text stuff]

is doing this:

victoria = A

and the terminal "say" command checks this:

check variable(a)
if a=True goto colorcode

so, that makes:

say
[text stuff]

produce colored text, even though it's technically the "say" command for terminals. Now, if you put:

say
[text stuff]

say(1,victoria)
[more text stuff]

say
[even more text stuff]

The last "say" command will be colored, even though it's not supposed to be colored.. This problem could be avoided by having a variable for the grey/centered text, but this is just my theory.

Terry, your thoughts?

Terry

This is intended behaviour, actually! If you want to change back to a terminal, you can use "terminal" or "grey" (or "gray") as the parameter in the say command.

PJBottomz

Quote from: Terry on November 15, 2011, 10:08:42 PM
This is intended behaviour, actually! If you want to change back to a terminal, you can use "terminal" or "grey" (or "gray") as the parameter in the say command.

I tested all three of them, and it still gave the same result: colored text even though the command wasn't intended to have color.

Terry

Think of it like this: the "speaker" is a variable that you're changing.

PJBottomz

Quote from: Terry on November 15, 2011, 10:31:55 PM

Okay. But the terminal speaking command doesn't work.

FIQ

Quote from: Terry on November 15, 2011, 10:31:55 PM
Hi Terry, this was one of the things I posted about in the "2.1 patch discussion thread". I see now that this is semi-intended behaviour. However, as PJBottomz pointed out, it doesn't really work to change back to gray (I tried that before reporting it as well).

I didn't noticed this thread, sorry for duplicating a bug report. Just want to make you aware about that this doesn't actually work.

Sorry for necroposting by the way.