"Playerz" (test) by PJBottomz

Started by PJBottomz, December 02, 2011, 01:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJBottomz

So, I finally came up with a new concept:

So, technically, this is what "Playerz" will be about. You have to switch between two different players, Viri and Dian. I haven't totally worked out what Viri can do (possibly something with coding [aka terminals]), but Dian can destroy gravity lines and warp tokens. You'll have to use them in different challenges to complete the level and not die. There are also seperate challenges you can do to get some trinkets that will be completely optional. If you collect them all, you get a surprise at the end.

There's no actual indication that you are switched (since there's no color changing code yet) besides a message displayed when you change. I'll probably add terminals at the start of a challenge to tell you exactly who you're playing as so you don't go through a whole challenge as Viri and end up dying when you can't remove the gravity line at the exit.

Now, this won't be out very soon. Obviously, this is going to take me quite a lot of working. Working out the changing system is done (this level is to test it to see if there are any bugs that I should take in mind before I start on the main level), and I'm sure a checking system would be easy. I might go through with the coding system, but if you have an suggestion for Viri's [must-be-possible-to-script] ability, feel free to let me know about it.

The challenges themselves shouldn't be too terribly difficult. Considering that you have to keep track of who to use on a challenge and what is being needed, I'll make them simple enough to complete, but hard enough to satisfy. I also have the idea to have a terminal tell you what the challenge is, and who you need to complete the challenge (which will be more fun in the final challenge - where you decide for yoursef! :D)

So, that should be all. Download the test, play it, and give me some feedback (this is just a simple test with 2 unnamed rooms, 2 spikes, one crewmate, and one player-changer, so don't get to hyped up for it.)

PJBottomz

Nine downloads. No fucking feedback. :-X If you're a user, give me feedback. If you're a guest, become a user AND GIVE ME FUCKING FEEDBACK!

I mean, god damn! It takes less time to type up a small review than it does to download the damn test. >:D

Damn It AL to Hell

Pretty kick ass stuff, it took me a while, but the level was hard, but did not piss me off whatsoever, it was very balanced. It was pretty fun too, so there should be a lot more downloads than just 9. Very cool 10.01/10 :viridian:  Keep it goin'!

And I know what it's like to have a level you broke your back over that gets no feedback, like oh I don't know, my level which I had completed last week.  :P

PJBottomz

Quote from: Vex69 on December 03, 2011, 05:50:54 AM
Pretty kick ass stuff, it took me a while, but the level was hard, but did not piss me off whatsoever, it was very balanced. It was pretty fun too, so there should be a lot more downloads than just 9. Very cool 10.01/10 :viridian:  Keep it goin'!

And I know what it's like to have a level you broke your back over that gets no feedback, like oh I don't know, my level which I had completed last week.  :P

... It was just a test. There really wasn't anything hard about it. I put two spikes and that's it.

And yes, I do know that feeling a lot.

dumbarton

Boy, you do have some trouble noticing sarcasm. I just registered to say that. And that's true, not sarcasm.

PJBottomz

Quote from: dumbarton on December 03, 2011, 01:58:22 PM
Boy, you do have some trouble noticing sarcasm. I just registered to say that. And that's true, not sarcasm.

Wow, way to waste your time! :D Thanks for that, I really don't care at all. :) And just so you know, it's hard to tell sarcasm over the internet because you can't hear the other person talking.

Damn It AL to Hell

What part of that do you think was even sarcasm? ???

PJBottomz

Quote from: Vex69 on December 03, 2011, 10:38:00 PM
What part of that do you think was even sarcasm? ???

I didn't think any of what you said was sarcasm.

Damn It AL to Hell

Globix

I would try out the level and post a review, but the file in the download is a php file. I don't know what you do with it, it doesn't say it's a vvvvvv file like it's supposed to be.  :-\ I've had problems like this before, please tell me how i'm supposed to use this file so I can play the level. :victoria:

PJBottomz

@Globix A php file? That's odd. It's supposed to be a VVVVVV file... I'll look into it.

cams

Are you using Firefox? I think there was a glitch in firefox that turns downloaded files into php.
The latest version I'm using (9.0.1) seems to work. Either that or try using IE.

Arthur

Are you still working on this level? It would be nice to have a version of more than 2 rooms :)

Capn Muffin

I really like the potential here.

Since you can't shift colors what about having Viri and Dian have different faces? One could have the happy face and the other could have the sad face, that way you'll always know who you're using.

Any progress?

PJBottomz

Quote from: Capn Muffin on April 14, 2012, 11:53:16 PM
I really like the potential here.

Since you can't shift colors what about having Viri and Dian have different faces? One could have the happy face and the other could have the sad face, that way you'll always know who you're using.

Any progress?

Very good idea! No, there has been 0 progress. I've pretty much dropped off the VVVVVV map for Minecraft, unfortunately.

But, I'm back, and might start working on this again! ;)