Souleye releases new album with VVVVVV music!

Started by SoulEye, January 12, 2012, 03:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoulEye

This post is here to tell you what you may already have read on Terry's blog. Copy pasting! :D

Here is the trailer if you don't want to read all that text: www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa1G4mPQ1o0

--

Hello there, esteemed gamers!

Today, January 10, at 22:22:22, I'm releasing my CD called Adventure. You might wonder why I called it that, and why I'm releasing it at a specific time and date.

Let me first tell you this: It's about two years since I last posted on the front page of Terry's blog, just when VVVVVV was released. But VVVVVV remains present and on the top of my mind every single day nevertheless. I'll always bear it close to my heart.

It's not hard to see why. Ever since VVVVVV came out, my life has changed. I've quit my normal dayjob and started working on things that I think are creative and really fun, and I'm hoping to do so in the future too. My life is now a free-flow of imagination and creativity.

The support for me and my music is great, with people daily encouraging me. It feels weird at times, but this is something I like to do, and I'm well on my path of becoming the kind of composer I want to be, constantly evolving into something even better.

Along the way I learn about so much more than just about making music, but everything rests on the nice gamers and fans who enjoy my music, and without you supporting me, nothing would be possible at all.

So I am very thankful towards the circumstances that led me here. Now, it's enabled me to go to GDC in March, and meet up with people from around the world that I would never get to meet otherwise.

Exciting times indeed!

So, about Adventure then?

Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa1G4mPQ1o0

This CD contains remixes of several VVVVVV songs that were remixed for what will be in the next DLC pack in the rhythm game Pulsen, some remixes that I did for other people, such as Danny Baranowsky, Chris Geehan, Mattias Häggström-Gerdt, Gryzor87 and Jonathan Holmes. All fantastic people in their own way.

There's also my orchestral Zelda 2 remix. I then top the album off with something secret and some lengthy liner notes, for those who wants to dig in and know everything about everything.

The release timing of 22:22:22 is a reference to... Well I think I'll leave that one to your imagination, but why did I call it Adventure? Because for me, my life has really turned into one, so far! And hopefully it'll continue to be one into the future.

Thanks for listening to me, I greatly appreciate it!

- Magnus

My site: www.souleye.se
Adventure: www.souleye.se/adventure
Trailer: www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa1G4mPQ1o0
My twitter: www.twitter.com/mpsouleye

ThePaSch

Terry, please release an update for VVVVVV that lets us use songs from Adventure in the level editor (if you're okay with it, of course, Souleye). I can't imagine how awesome a level would be with "BigGiantCircles and Souleye - Yeah!" or "A Hero's Destiny" playing in it. You could make it DLC; I'd totally buy it.

SoulEye

seaking177

will be buying this once i get 10$  :viridian:! listened to them on the preview page and they are great. good work on the Link's adventure song too  :viridian:!

quantar

Hey Magnus,
are there any further music projects going on? I love your sounds but after 100 times of listening I would prefer to hear some new tracks-  :victoria:

greetings
Kelvin

SoulEye

Yes, there's some in the works... And a bunch completed. I'm sorry I can't release anything just yet and I know it's been a while. All I can do for now is recommend you get on my mailinglist at http://www.souleye.se/contact and wait for news.

quantar

quantar

SoulEye

quantar

strange... I get a 404, the rest of the interwebz works fine  :verdigris:

Dav999

FIQ

Quote from: quantar on February 07, 2013, 02:30:11 PM
strange... I get a 404, the rest of the interwebz works fine  :verdigris:
Perhaps you have DNS issues? I was going to suggest you try to access the site by IP instead, but that didn't seem to work...

Hilbert