VVVVVV Records: No Death Mode, Super Gravitron, Time Trials

Started by Terry, January 12, 2012, 03:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allison

Quote from: blue626 on February 10, 2013, 09:19:00 PM
Quote from: crazyal02 on February 08, 2013, 11:58:05 PM
Quote from: Dav999 on January 10, 2013, 03:55:21 PM
Yep. :D But it may still be the highest time ever! (also looking at invincibility cheaters)

I actually first posted that screenshot in this thread.

Once I let a friend of mine play my copy of VVVVVV. When I played it afterwards and started the gravtron, the record listed was around 3 minutes.

:o :o :o
(He did 3 minutes in what I suppose is around 1:30 hours while I never got more than 13,7 sec.).

The point is that he used invincibility and stumbled across the Super Gravitron (unless he's secretly a gaming god, which doesn't seem likely since invincibility was on when I loaded up the game)

blue626

I recently played the main game again, did it with only 29 deaths. I got the 50 deaths trophy (finally!).
What I found interesting is that the deaths I made until Intermission 1 weren't... regular. One death at the Lab when trying to speed run and another at Teleporter Divot. These are very easy to dodge in NDM (No Death Mode)... and I never reached Int. 1 in NDM before! I'm not the 1st person to do this...
That gave me motivation to start playing NDM again... I never played it for 4 months. I did get to Int. 1, but I died in... the room before "Very Good" and that was the only time I reached Int. 1. I died lots of times in the Lab, the Tower, and sometimes SS1. Like someone already said before, people seem to be better in a normal play than in NDM... they're more relaxed... is this normal?

Dav999

Quote from: blue626 on March 08, 2013, 09:02:12 PM
I recently played the main game again, did it with only 29 deaths. I got the 50 deaths trophy (finally!).
What I found interesting is that the deaths I made until Intermission 1 weren't... regular. One death at the Lab when trying to speed run and another at Teleporter Divot. These are very easy to dodge in NDM (No Death Mode)... and I never reached Int. 1 in NDM before! I'm not the 1st person to do this...
That gave me motivation to start playing NDM again... I never played it for 4 months. I did get to Int. 1, but I died in... the room before "Very Good" and that was the only time I reached Int. 1. I died lots of times in the Lab, the Tower, and sometimes SS1. Like someone already said before, people seem to be better in a normal play than in NDM... they're more relaxed... is this normal?

I guess so. I already noticed that while playing Super Gravitron, or Super Hexagon. When I'm thinking about something else while playing, so when I'm not thinking about the game, I sometimes get much higher scores than the moments I'm fully concentrated. I think that's related to playing VVVVVV without having to think about 'not messing up'.

shamba

I think this is ok
Complete runs:
SS1 - - - - - - - - 1:04 - 0 deaths - 2/2 trinkets - V
Lab- - - - - - - - 2:34 - 4 deaths - 4/4 trinkets - S
Tower- - - - - - - 1:32 - 0 deaths - 2/2 trinkets - V

blue626

Quote from: shamba on March 26, 2013, 09:21:20 AM
Complete runs:

Quote from: blue626 on May 14, 2012, 06:28:35 PM
Complete runs:

I suspect something...

Dav999

Yeah, I've seen this multiple times. Spammers who just copy something originally said by someone else, so their account doesn't get deleted. This one has a globe...

Bearboy

Quote from: Dav999 on March 26, 2013, 01:16:00 PM
Yeah, I've seen this multiple times. Spammers who just copy something originally said by someone else, so their account doesn't get deleted. This one has a globe...
I DONT WANT DAT JEWLERREY

N

N

A quite MEDICal Derpfish

@Samba

Quote from: TF2 EngineerHey boys, we got a Spy!

And by Spy, I mean those accounts that are only made to advertise, it might become a spambot... :c

blue626

Quote from: Derpfish on April 01, 2013, 09:04:35 PM
@Samba

Quote from: TF2 EngineerHey boys, we got a Spy!

And by Spy, I mean those accounts that are only made to advertise, it might become a spambot... :c

Look at around 5 replies before that. It was already mentioned!

Fussmatte

blue626

Quote from: Rainbow Dash on April 02, 2013, 07:42:34 PM
Quote from: blue626 on April 02, 2013, 07:24:55 PM

Oh you, you know that's a terrible smiley of mine :D

But I like it! It's better than its original version, and, since I wanted to use a face-palm smiley, I preferred a Viridian one!
(Off-topic!).

Chillius