VVVVVV Records: No Death Mode, Super Gravitron, Time Trials

Started by Terry, January 12, 2012, 03:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamourieparkinson

Quote from: lamourieparkinson on June 27, 2016, 09:30:25 PM
No Death Mode highscore: Not as I Do (I'm telling you, that room is evil.)
Super Gravitron: 1 minute and 10 seconds, but I was cheating with invincibility. My REAL score is 23 seconds.
Time Trials: V ranked all the levels except for the Lab, which I have an S rank on still. And considering the "I'm Sorry" trinket, I probably won't ever be capable of V ranking the Lab.
Alright, I've finally gotten past Intermission 1 in No Death Mode. But then I mess up at "That's Why I Have to Kill You".

LafondaSaysMeow

I have no idea why but no matter what, I always rescue everyone in this order (not counting  :violet:)
:vermillion:
:vitellary:
:verdigris:
:victoria:

I cannot get past warp zone without any deaths...
And maybe SS2...
I'm one of those people that bought the game with all the intel, and I think I might be able to get past Intermission 1 with no deaths...
But I don't think I'll be playing no death mode for a while. Time trials are frustrating.

SteveGamer68

Quote from: RobinLSL on May 17, 2012, 02:59:33 PM
I just got 2 minutes in the Super Gravitron...

I'm still shivering! God was the end stressful!!
i also got the super gravitron time is 2 minutes

lamourieparkinson

Quote from: LafondaSaysMeow on June 29, 2016, 01:25:37 PM
I have no idea why but no matter what, I always rescue everyone in this order (not counting  :violet:)

I cannot get past warp zone without any deaths...
And maybe SS2...
I'm one of those people that bought the game with all the intel, and I think I might be able to get past Intermission 1 with no deaths...
But I don't think I'll be playing no death mode for a while. Time trials are frustrating.

This was the order I was going for in No Death Mode before That's Why I Have to Kill You messed me up:

Zaphod2

My best run on No Death Mode is SS1 cleared and died in "Please Forgive Me" in the Lab. Least deaths on a normal game run without trinkets is 63, and I'm still going for the 50 or less trophy. Super Gravitron record is 10-ish seconds. I haven't really done the time trials just yet. The only thing I use them for is a quick way to practice a level.

LafondaSaysMeow

Lollipop

Quote from: Zaphod2 on August 02, 2016, 07:49:18 PM
My best run on No Death Mode is SS1 cleared and died in "Please Forgive Me" in the Lab. Least deaths on a normal game run without trinkets is 63, and I'm still going for the 50 or less trophy. Super Gravitron record is 10-ish seconds. I haven't really done the time trials just yet. The only thing I use them for is a quick way to practice a level.

please don't be a shitposter we have too many of those

also welcome to distractionware

Zaphod2

Quote from: LafondaSaysMeow on August 02, 2016, 07:51:24 PM
My best run on No Death Mode...
I haven't really done the time trials just yet.
wait
how the fuck
I have played Time Trials, but I haven't gone for ranks on them. I unlocked it via the options menu to give it a shot. I probably can't even come close to beating it.

LafondaSaysMeow

Well then HOW THE FUCK DID YOU UNLOCK NO DEATH MODE?
oh yeah and welcome to the forum don't be like lampark

Zaphod2

Quote from: LafondaSaysMeow on August 02, 2016, 08:03:03 PM
From the main menu, go to Game Options, then to Unlock Play Modes, then finally Unlock No Death Mode. Normally, you need 4 time trial S (or more) ranks to unlock it, but this bypasses that, unlocking it instantly. Also, sorry if I sound rude. I'm trying to be informative.

Lollipop

Quote from: LafondaSaysMeow on August 02, 2016, 08:03:03 PM

woah calm down

he said he unlocked it in the options

Edit: fuck ninja'd

Yeah, my turn!
I V ranked the Tower and Space Station 1, and S ranked everything except the Final Level
In No Death Mode I didn't get too far, I think I died in the Warp Zone with Violet and Vermilion saved
Super Gravitron I suck at, I only got, like, 10:93 seconds

CreepiX

lol...ipops2

Quote from: Vermilion on August 28, 2016, 03:37:56 AM
In the SG room my highscore is 9.6 seconds so I am actually Vermilion because he can only last about 10 seconds  :D
I know its just a username but...
OMG YOUR COLOR IS DSARKER DEN VERMIILLLIMHYGS COLOOR ABD I'S ARE NOOT SEH THRU
U R NOT VERMIMIMILMKIKKILON.
kill me now

allison