VVVVVV Records: No Death Mode, Super Gravitron, Time Trials

Started by Terry, January 12, 2012, 03:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lol...ipops2

We need the 37 meme to spread to youttube and others.

VVVVVVGamer03

Time Trials:

• V-rank on SS1
  • V-rank on the lab
  • V-rank on the tower
  • S-rank on SS2
  • V-rank on warp zone
  • V-rank on the final level

Super Gravitron Record: 16.96
I know my record stinks compared to some other people, but whatever.

lol...ipops2

Quote from: VVVVVVGamer03 on October 09, 2016, 02:42:05 AM
Time Trials:

V-rank on The Tower
S-rank on everything else

Super Gravitron Record: 13:53
I know my record stinks compared to some other people, but whatever.
WHY ARE PEOPLE SO BAD AT THE TOWER I CAN MAKE IT THROUGH IN LIKE FIVE DEATHS WITH BOTH THE TRINKETS.
you beat my gravitron score though

Echogamer

I got a minute 30 seconds in the gravitron and failed in no death mode at the regular gravitron part.

mupsman2312

Oh, I felt so deflated two days ago: after finally getting past the Gravitron for my first time ever in a no-death run, it all came apart when I reached "Please Enjoy These Repeats" in the Final Level (a fairly easy screen, I know).

Today was the second time I managed to get there; and, after almost making exactly the same mistake, and with my heart pounding as I reached "Heaven's Gate", then ascended "The Final Challenge", I'm thrilled to say that I can finally put this game to bed - with seven trinkets in tow!

I know it's nearly a decade since the game's initial release, and most of the hype surrounding it has died down a lot now, but it's still one of my biggest personal achievements in gaming: all 19 trophies in VVVVVV.  I can upload video evidence if anyone wants to see it, but I doubt many people even read these pages anymore, so I'll just wait until someone requests it.

Terry, you won't be involved in a chainsaw attach by me any time soon; that's one fewer person to have to worry about...

Ally 🌠

Hey, congrats! Getting all of the achievements in this game is... rather hard. Not a lot of people can say they 100%ed the game, so... congrats!

Also, not a lot of people are on here anymore--everyone's mostly just on the Discord server. Activity here is always welcome, though!!

mupsman2312

Quote from: AllyTally ♡ on August 09, 2019, 10:26:27 PM
Hey, congrats! Getting all of the achievements in this game is... rather hard. Not a lot of people can say they 100%ed the game, so... congrats!

Also, not a lot of people are on here anymore--everyone's mostly just on the Discord server. Activity here is always welcome, though!!

Hi!  Thanks for coming back to me, and also for the heads-up about the Discord server.

I must admit that I'm someone who likes to revisit old games after a while, to see if I can do any better; I never would've expected to go this far though!  I've recently downloaded the entire ArchiVVVVVVe to play all of the user-levels; I hadn't previously given much thought as to what I would do after No Death Mode...

Balneor

Hey. This is a bit unrelated to this topic, but I just want to let you know that, the ArchiVVVVVVe contains very few levels compared to what this forum really has (After more than 8 years). As an quickly made estimation, there's pretty much over 800+ different customs to play here (Granted, with greatly variance in quality, and downloading levels may become tedious after a while), compared to the mere 170 from that compilation pack. So be sure to check out for more :viridian:

mupsman2312

Quote from: Balneor on August 21, 2019, 07:09:11 PM
Hey. This is a bit unrelated to this topic, but I just want to let you know that, the ArchiVVVVVVe contains very few levels compared to what this forum really has (After more than 8 years). As an quickly made estimation, there's pretty much over 800+ different customs to play here (Granted, with greatly variance in quality, and downloading levels may become tedious after a while), compared to the mere 170 from that compilation pack. So be sure to check out for more :viridian:

Thanks a lot - I'll look out for them!

I've still got quite a way to go with what I've already downloaded, though...

Trinket9

Time Trials:
SS1 - 1:04 - V / 0:43 - S
Lab - 2:19 - V / 1:04 - S
WZ - 1:29 - V / 1:04 - S
Tower - 1:32 - V / 1:31 - A
SS2 - 2:35 - V / 1:36 - S
Final Level - 1:48 - V

SHARKIE

Quote from: PJBottomz on May 04, 2012, 07:55:53 PMThat, or the forums have pretty much shriveled and died.
and your saying that 11 years ago, buddy  8)

SHARKIE