VVVVVV Records: No Death Mode, Super Gravitron, Time Trials

Started by Terry, January 12, 2012, 03:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry

There were a lot of stickied threads on this forum, so I'm just cleaning things up a little bit. Feel free to discuss your No Death Mode, Super Gravitron and Time Trial accomplishments in this thread!

Old threads:
No Death Mode
Super Gravitron
Time Trials

blue626

This thread exists for 3 months and it seems important for VVVVVV, but it has no replies! :vitellary:

Maybe everyone is making levels and doesn't try the Time Trials, No Death Mode and Super Gravitron anymore...

PJBottomz

That, or the forums have pretty much shriveled and died.

FIQ

Also this thread was supposed to be a thread with links to each of the threads :p

blue626

Quote from: FIQ on May 04, 2012, 08:36:19 PM
Also this thread was supposed to be a thread with links to each of the threads :p

Read Terry's post again:
Quote from: Terry on January 12, 2012, 03:57:24 PM
There were a lot of stickied threads on this forum, so I'm just cleaning things up a little bit. Feel free to discuss your No Death Mode, Super Gravitron and Time Trial accomplishments in this thread!

"in this thread". Understood?

FIQ

blue626

I'll start by posting my records:

No death: Tower (90%)  or SS2 (Gordian Knot), both after rescuing 2 crewmates (:violet: and :victoria:)

Super Gravitron: ≈11,5 seconds.

I'll post my Time Trials later.

ToasterApocalypse

The best I've got to is 'Please forgive me!' on the way to  :victoria: while I have only saved  :violet:.

Time trials:

SS1: S rank (No deaths and below PAR time)
Lab: S rank (Same as above)
Tower: S rank for same reasons

Rest I haven't tried.

FIQ

Super Gravitron: 48.63s
No Death Mode: Rescuing Vermillion, Vitellary and Victoria, I was able to make it to The Gravitron, lasting 25s (and ending up failing at the 35-30 part)

Also, speaking of The Laboratory, "Kid His Age Bounce" is evil for me in no death mode D:

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: FIQ on May 11, 2012, 09:35:31 PM
Super Gravitron: 48.63s
No Death Mode: Rescuing Vermillion, Vitellary and Victoria, I was able to make it to The Gravitron, lasting 25s (and ending up failing at the 35-30 part)

Also, speaking of The Laboratory, "Kid His Age Bounce" is evil for me in no death mode D:

I also have a special hate for 'Kids His Age Bounce'. But I only made it there once and got past it, proceeding to die in 'Please Forgive Me!'

SaltyBarcode

Ahh what, how can you hate that level? I mean, it's ruined a few time trials, sure, but surely just the name itself makes up for it? haha, look to the left of this message. That's how much I love it.

blue626

Her are my Time Trials:

Complete runs:
SS1 - - - - - - - - 1:04 - 0 deaths - 2/2 trinkets - V
Lab- - - - - - - - 2:34 - 4 deaths - 4/4 trinkets - S
Tower- - - - - - - 1:32 - 0 deaths - 2/2 trinkets - V

Speedruns:
SS1 - - - - - - - - 0:49 - 0 deaths - 0/2 trinkets - S
Lab- - - - - - - -1:18 - 0 deaths - 0/2 trinkets - S
SS2- - - - - - - -2:05 - 0 deaths - 1/5 trinket - S
Warp Zone- - - 1:30 - 0 deaths - 0/1 trinkets - S
Final level- - - - 2:12 - 6 deaths - 1/1 trinket - S

I don't play VVVVVV for 2 months, by the way...

:viridian:I'm fast!                                        :victoria:Wait for me!    :vermillion:Almost there!

RobinLSL

I just got 2 minutes in the Super Gravitron...

I'm still shivering! God was the end stressful!!

blue626

I've been training the Super Gravitron for 4 months and I only got ≈11,5 sec., but I see everyone getting >30 sec.! :o ???

RobinLSL

Quote from: blue626 on May 17, 2012, 06:06:08 PM
I've been training the Super Gravitron for 4 months and I only got ≈11,5 sec., but I see everyone getting >30 sec.! :o ???

You need to learn what kinds of patterns there are and what's the best way to approach most of them. If your record is barely more that 10 seconds then it probably means that you have no real idea of what you're doing and you're just "trying to survive" which is far from enough for a gave as punishing as the SG!