VVVVVV Records: No Death Mode, Super Gravitron, Time Trials

Started by Terry, January 12, 2012, 03:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FIQ

Super Gravitron is semi-random. Semi-random as in, what comes and how it comes is random, but the patterns are not. Some patterns is even completly foreseeable, as this for example:

>                   
                      <
                      <
>

And such. You'll have to learn them, and master them individually to become great at it.

Also, I just reached a new record. :) 51.30s

blue626

The timing was difficult to me. And some patterns are completely random like this:

<

<
                                     <                     <
                         <

By the way, the easiest pattern, in my opinion is this:

<                  <
   <                  <
   <                  <
             <
             <
             <

The hardest is the one enemies come from both sides.

FIQ

The zig-zag one can produce some unwinnable situations if you don't know when to jump into them, so they're pretty risky.

The one when enemies come from both sides has 2 patterns. One is completly random, one is in a fixed order, easy to remember. This one (the latter) is the easiest one for me :P

blue626

The SG room(as well as the normal Gravitron room as left-right (and right-left) warping, so you can skip enemies and I think this is unfair. That's how I got ≈11,5 sec. So, my "true" record is ≈9 sec.

Pyrite

Time Trials:

SS1: A
Lab: A
The Tower: A
SS2: B
Warp Zone: B
Final Area: A

I knew I would be terrible at these...

RobinLSL

Quote from: blue626 on May 20, 2012, 06:41:52 PM
The SG room(as well as the normal Gravitron room as left-right (and right-left) warping, so you can skip enemies and I think this is unfair. That's how I got ≈11,5 sec. So, my "true" record is ≈9 sec.

It's not cheating at all! You actually HAVE to use is at times because many patterns will push you in a direction and then you won't have enough freedom to react properly.
In fact my standard strategy for the zigzag patterns (like the first one you wrote) is to fit myself between the second and third square and warp.

I will probably end up doing some kind of guide-like thing for the SG on my Youtube channel in a few weeks (when my no-death attempts start getting repetitive/boring).

FIQ

You simply have to warp in many situations, especially the zig-zag one, or you will lose.

blue626

But it is possible (and not hard) to do the zig-zag without any warps! :viridian: However when I got the record I warped accidentally and skipped the whole zig-zag! :vermillion:

Changing topic...

Quote from: FIQ on May 11, 2012, 09:35:31 PM
Also, speaking of The Laboratory, "Kid His Age Bounce" is evil for me in no death mode D:

"Kids His Age Bounce" is easy for me (I've trained a lot) The rooms I got more difficulty in No Death Mode are: SS1: the whole"Driller" sequence; Lab: Single-slit Experiment, Three's a Crowd and Thorny Exange.

By the way, my exact SG record is 11,76 sec.

FIQ

My hardest parts in No Death is:

Space Station 1: Driller, though I manage it most of the time.
The Laboratory: Kid His Age Bounce, also the room right below Brough To You By The Letter G which name I've forgot.
Space Station 2: Seeing Dollar $ign$. That's it.
Intermission 1: Do Try To Keep Up. Is this seriously nothing else than random? :(
The Tower: Nothing, to be honest. Most of the time I die at the end of the level though.
Intermission 2: Well, the hardest part is, belive it or not, The Gravitron. Especially the 30s-20s part, though I've never managed to get there in No Death.
Warp Zone: That's Why I Have To Kill You. God why do the hardest room have to be the last one? :(
Final Level: Allthough I've never got to this part, the hardest part in here for me is Villi People. Yes, I know you can just run through it if you're doing it right. I'm not D: Also seriously, the room in which you see the enemies in Linear Collider again is waay annoying.

blue626

I've only told the rooms I've reached in No Death Mode, so I'll tell the others:

Tower: probably, in the part where you can warp horizontally, the part where you must flip and dodge spikes (60-70%) and the last part where you must also flip a lot (90-100%).
Int. 1: The room after Very Good, Not as I do and Don't be afraid.
SS2: Ha ha ha not really, Spikes do! and the next room.
Int. 2: Gravitron (30-20 sec.).
Warp Zone: As we go up, we go down ; Mind the gap and from This Makes you flip to That's why I have to kill you!
Final Level: The Voon Show and Three's Company.

The room below Brought to you by the letter G is Thorny Exange.

ToasterApocalypse

ROOMS I HATE IN NO DEATHS:
SS1: Driller, maybe 'Stop and Reflect' if I'm speedrunning it (Tiny cheat.)
Lab: Thorny exhange, Kids his age bounce.
SS2: Ha Ha ha Not Really
Intermission 1: Never made it there, but probably 'Not As I Do'
Tower: About half-way up.
Warp zone: As we go up we go down.

If I tried though, I could make it to intermission one for having S ranks for  :victoria::viridian: and  :vermillion:.

ToasterApocalypse

Just set a new record for me.

Dying in thorny exchange after rescuing  :violet: and  :vermillion:.

It occurs to me that I'm skilled at the tower, but terrible at the lab.

blue626

Anoter glitch/cheat, I saw it in Time Trials Youtube videos: If you touch a vertical gravity line and keep touching it, you may go back, but flipped! You can use this as a shortcut in the Lab and Final Level. Not sure if doing this is cheating :-\, but I never used it and will not use it anyway.

Btw: Is anyone better than me in the Time Trials?

FIQ

Quote from: blue626 on May 24, 2012, 05:45:57 PM
Anoter glitch/cheat, I saw it in Time Trials Youtube videos: If you touch a vertical gravity line and keep touching it, you may go back, but flipped! You can use this as a shortcut in the Lab and Final Level. Not sure if doing this is cheating :-\, but I never used it and will not use it anyway.

Btw: Is anyone better than me in the Time Trials?
Yeath, that's nice.

ToasterApocalypse: Same here :p

blue626

Another one: You can touch checkpoints while in air, and while Viridian is relatively flipped to the checkpoint. This can be useful for the Final Level. I think this is unfair and that Viridian should flip before hitting those checkpoints. Not sure if this is cheating, though. Perhaps the developer already knows this...