When is 2.2 coming?

Started by PJBottomz, January 15, 2012, 04:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJBottomz

I've been wondering about that for a while. Do you have any idea when it'll be ready? I understand that you're probably busy with other games, so any time is acceptable.

Terry

It's not coming, probably. I've moved onto other things. :victoria:

There are a lot of reasons why, but the big ones are:

(a) I'm clearly really bad with time estimates, given by how long it's taken just to roll the 2.1 patch out properly. It's unlikely I have time for the amount of work that 2.2 would actually involve.

(b) A change of map format at this point is too late - most of the people who are ever going to download VVVVVV have done it at this point. I'd just be splitting the community in two, as a lot of people out there aren't going to bother updating their version of VVVVVV to play player levels. Also, due to the new 3DS version, some people simply can't.

(c) There's not *really* any demand for it. Except for a handful of people that post here, there aren't a lot of people out there that actually care about having expanded scripting and making their own tower levels.

(d) VVVVVV is two years old at this point. Nice and all as it would be, I'd like to move on and make other games.

StephenM3

I can't find a post about it on your blog or in this forums:  Is the 2.1 patch available in any way for Mac yet?  What's contained in the patch?  I'm sure there's a post that explains it somewhere, but I hadn't even heard of 2.1 until I came here looking for level-editor instructions a couple days ago (I'm making a short VVVVVV level, which I've been meaning to do for ages).

Terry

We don't have a current mac build, sorry :( It's still in testing... Sorry, need to poke Simon again.

xTwoTails

I know how hard it is to make a game, and even harder to make a patch that fixes things and adds features.
So I'll give you guys all the time you want!
...and if there is no future patch, then that's fine too because the money I spent on this game was worth it! <3

seaking177

Quote from: Terry on January 15, 2012, 12:20:32 PM
Also, due to the new 3DS version, some people simply can't.
stuff can be updated on the 3DS version, alot of other games have already got patches from the e-shop. unless, nintendo told you that it wouldnt work :(.

StephenM3

Quote from: Terry on January 16, 2012, 02:11:55 AM
We don't have a current mac build, sorry :( It's still in testing... Sorry, need to poke Simon again.
Ah, alright.  Will the level I make in 2.0 be compatible with people who've patched?

Terry

Yeah, the only new scripting feature is coloured text :viridian:

Martze

Yeah... I'm all right with this.

It would have been nice if the level editor had been feature-complete from the start, but I can't see myself making any more levels or updating my current levels any further.

jarreboum

So that means the linux version will never be playable with a joypad. Awesome.

Matthew94

Still no euro launch, any update on when we'll see it?

It's 2/3 of a month late.

seaking177

Quote from: Matthew94 on January 22, 2012, 03:25:42 AM
Still no euro launch, any update on when we'll see it?

It's 2/3 of a month late.
pretty sure its something to do with ratings, and Nicalis has to submit it to NoE to get it into the eshop.

and looking at the Colors! app ( http://www.facebook.com/ColorsLive )
QuoteColors! 3D submission 1 uploaded to Nintendo FTP. Wohooo!
January 12 at 7:07pm

and it STILL has not been out on the 3DS yet, it will take months for VVVVVV to be out in the EU. (atleast, thats my guess)
and i dont think this is the right topic for this  :victoria:

Damn It AL to Hell

The 2.2 patch did sound as if it would make the game better than it already is, but even if it doesn't come out, at least we still have a game that still kicks the competition's butt, 'cause I love this game  :-*.

Starius65

According to my calendar (even though there is a chance no one might hear this) the EU version comes out tomorrow. I think sales are just about to boost, so dont quit now! VVVVVV is an awesome game. I would hate to just see it abandoned. :victoria:

-update-
Its been almost a year, is there anything yet?

FIQ

It'll come very soon indeed