Agatha Christie's Poirot

Started by SaltyBarcode, February 14, 2012, 07:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltyBarcode

You are Hercule Poirot, the famous Belgian Detective! You have arrived at the VVVVVV mansion, only to discover a murder! The plot thickens from there.

---WARNING---
This probably will contain many bugs, so please report them on this thread. Thanks in advance.

Here is the link: http://www.4shared.com/file/FG6_pIet/poirot.html?
I tried to find the most secure online file sharer I could... hope it works!

Pyrite

Adding pictures is easy. Just upload pictures to a website (imgur? :shiny: ) and copy the BBcode thing into the post. Also, oh god are there bugs. I rescued Violet and the game froze, then I save and quitted and came back, I was in the lobby with 2 Verdigris in the wall and a flashy person under me in the floor, and a shadowy Viridian above. I was frozen. Also, the cutscene bars don't disappear in the kitchen. Try to keep script boxes seperate from other events, and make sure that things like rescuing Violet and say commands happening at the same time. It's nearly unplaable, I'm sorry. Besides, murder mysteries aren't really my thing, but it IS a new addition after all.

SaltyBarcode

Oh dear...

First of all, thanks for the picture information, will add them shortly (if this nightmare doesn't get taken down)

I knew there were some bugs, but I didn't realise just how many. I kinda need the trinkets and the text boxes to be there (otherwise characters could race to the end without exploring the rooms). I shall try to find a way to fix it, but I doubt it's possible. Thanks for the feedback

Pyrite

Turns out that if you reload the level it fixes itself. You just need to be careful, because when the kitchen trinket is collected the background music turns off, but when you quit the music is actually playing, just behind a wall of silence created by the cutscene bars messing up. I managed to finish it, though.