Blue Dimension

Started by scorqyon, March 29, 2012, 06:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scorqyon

This is my first level. I hope you like it.  :viridian:
Oh and if you have any suggestion that could improve the level, feel free to leave it here.
Backstory:
It was another day of exploring the universe, when captain Viridian completely vanished from the ship. Everybody was worried. Nobody knew were he could be. After 2 days of desperate searching, when the crew mates saw that Viridian is nowhere to be found in the VVVVVV Dimension nor in their own dimension, professor Vitellary tried to contact him. He eventually did contact Viridian, but the signal was so low he lost the connection. There was nothing left to do, but to go after the captain and try to save him. [Yeah...that's the best story I could come up with  :victoria:]

In case you get to a room where you don't know what to do, I uploaded a video of me playing the level  :P.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EKHPZ9fBL8
[If you watched the video you've probably noticed that I misspelled "professor" 2 times. I have recorded myself playing before noticing the errors and correcting them. I'm completely aware of that, but I was too lazy to start over the level   ::)]

FIQ

After getting to "Make a wise decision", failing 4 times, getting the right one, going after that terminal (+10 deaths or so), speaking with it, trying in the order (with additional deaths except the direct fails):

***SPOILER***SPOILER***rightmost, middle-right, leftmost, middle-left,***ENDOFSPOILER***ENDOFSPOILER***

ending up in a THIRD room without checkpoints, AND two warps with 50:50 what to choose. Guess which one I picked?

Doing everything again, dying a few more times, getting to the room again, and realize that it was not easy at all to get to the correct warp. Tried, and failed, and then, I gave up.

Sorry, but it was too hard to me! And I didn't really like the several death traps you had in it at all.

scorqyon

At first, the death traps seemed like a great idea. That was indeed before they stopped seeming like a great idea.  :victoria:
Maybe I should only put 2 warp tokens in every room (one would be correct and the other one a death trap). Except for the "Stop and reflect" room, because that room is not that hard, and it's more like a puzzle room.
Or maybe I should just put a checkpoint at the "Take a wild guess" room to make things easier. What do you say?

FIQ

I would say the latter.

scorqyon

I will fix this tomorrow along other things that I'd like to change at the script. Good night (or whatever is there). :)