2.2, ever?

Started by PJBottomz, May 03, 2012, 09:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue626

Starius65: I think you should have looked at the thread linked in the 3rd reply... he had already planned to not make 2.2 in January 2012.
It's likely that Terry also gave up on making 2.1. stable/final, but I don't know why.

EDIT: I see you edited your post there... but you still didn't read Terry's post? Or did you think there was still a chance?

Starius65

I'm trying to be hopeful. Now I'm just in denial.

blue626

I notcied you edited one of your posts here. I didn't notice at the first time because I already had read this thread.

Quote from: Starius65 on May 09, 2012, 03:41:34 PM
But its a lost hope now. I still cant believe Terry makes these things and then abandons them so shortly.
ps: Dear Terry, i shall never buy another game by you unless you finish vvvvvv. If you're not going to finish it, I plan to buy the rights off you in the future.  :vermillion:

"So shortly"?! Do you actually know when VVVVVV was released?
VVVVVV 1.0. was released in 11 Jan 2010. 2.0. was released in 26 July 2011, being the first version with the level editor. I'm not sure when Terry decied to give up completing 2.1., but I suspect it was around when this thread was started, so, May 2012. He completed the 3DS version in Jan 2012. That seems a long time to me, even when just counting from 2.0.
(As for the 2nd line, wow, you really do care about 2.2, even if you know that nobody will believe in that 2nd sentence).

aLaserShark

I'm unsure if he's even still making money off of it...I'd absolutely love to see if open-sourced or handed off to another developer/group of developers to continue on - the forums have great potential but he just commited to it for a few months and then moved on. I can't say I blame him - @AD, SH, both amazing games, and VVVVVV is a very old project...I'd like to see it ported even - I might make an exact lookalike in java if I can. But I probably wont.

Anyway I'd love to see Terry's stance on Open Sourcing VVVVVV and opening it up as free to play (with no DLC!). That might bring life into these forums yet

Fussmatte

Quote from: aLaserShark on April 26, 2013, 02:05:14 PM
Anyway I'd love to see Terry's stance on Open Sourcing VVVVVV and opening it up as free to play (with no DLC!). That might bring life into these forums yet
Quote from: Terry on February 04, 2012, 12:48:44 PM
It's something I've thought about in the past, but with the 3DS version now it seems unlikely to happen. Sorry.

aLaserShark

Quote from: Doormat on April 26, 2013, 11:25:05 PM
Quote from: aLaserShark on April 26, 2013, 02:05:14 PM
Quote from: Terry on February 04, 2012, 12:48:44 PM
It's something I've thought about in the past, but with the 3DS version now it seems unlikely to happen. Sorry.

:victoria: