Outer Space

Started by blue626, May 04, 2012, 06:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue626

According to the VVVVVV Wiki, there can be several "Outer Space" rooms after the Final Level, or there can be one room, warping on all sides.
However, if you go to the edge of the room and stay there, you don't see part of Viridian on one side  and the other part on the other side; so it means there are several "Outer Space" rooms!

FIQ

blue626

That makes me wonder how many "Outer Space" rooms are there. There can't be infinite of them...

PJBottomz

There must be! Some one can just not advance the text and continuously fall. If there wasn't infinite, then we'd fall back into one of the worlds.

:vitellary:Science, bitch.

FIQ

Quote from: PJBottomz on May 08, 2012, 12:32:07 AM
There must be! Some one can just not advance the text and continuously fall. If there wasn't infinite, then we'd fall back into one of the worlds.

:vitellary:Science, bitch.
The Polar Dimension is located at the 40s-50s range of rooms in both direction I'm not completly sure but it's possible that the wrapping from room 0 still happen to 19 and not the actual "border" of the dimension. This would result in no collision.

Starius65

Not exactly, PJBottomz if you can remember that "some scripting commands" topic, one of the raw coding functions I tried was "finalmode(x,x)," and when i enabled that, it turned the room into an 'all-around' warp room (the one with the squares pulsating outwards in all directions) named "outer space."

PJBottomz

Quote from: Starius65 on May 09, 2012, 03:32:47 PM
Not exactly, PJBottomz if you can remember that "some scripting commands" topic, one of the raw coding functions I tried was "finalmode(x,x)," and when i enabled that, it turned the room into an 'all-around' warp room (the one with the squares pulsating outwards in all directions) named "outer space."
Oh yeah, I remember that...

FIQ

Those warp backgrounds is broken in the polar dimension, teleport to Villi People (*without* turning on finalstretch) and you'll understand what I mean.

blue626

How? ??? And what do you mean?

EDIT:
Quote from: Starius65 on May 09, 2012, 03:32:47 PM

I just watched seaking177's Gravitron fling glitch video on Youtube, and after the timer runs out, Viridian is pushed into a room called "Outer Space" that warps in all sides, just like the one you mentioned. So, I suppose that, before deactivating the "Dimensional Stabilizer" the"Outer Space" rooms warp on all sides, just like every other room in the Polar Dimension. By the way, has anyone noticed that the rooms in Intermission 1 warp vertically?