It’s been strange not updating the blog properly this year – I used to update so often with all sorts of nonsense about what I’m doing, but I’ve been so busy that I haven’t had a chance. And it’s gotten that everytime I mean to post something I’ve got so much to catch up on that I never get around to it.
Well, it’s a new month, so I’m going to put an end to that pattern. Starting with some details on my current “big” project. I don’t have a title yet, so for now I’m just calling it “Untitled Puzzle Game”. I’ve been working on it since the start of the year. Actually, it’s something I’ve wanted to make for a lot longer than that – it’s based on something I tried to make in secondary school back when I was programming loads of Qbasic minigames.
I apologise for being so secretive about it – usually I post pretty much every WIP screenshot I can hack together, but this time I want to get it further along before I start talking about it properly. This is probably the biggest project I’ve ever taken on that has a realistic chance of being completed, though, so it may be a while longer before I have much to say in detail about it.
Nevertheless, I’ve put together a little video which shows the mouse driven control system I’m using and some of the basic concepts in the game so far. But keep in mind that this is a *very* early version – all of the graphics are placeholders and nothing here is final yet! Let me know what you think in the comments!
I should have more concrete info in a few days.