It’s finally starting to take some shape! Probably won’t be finished for the TIGSource deadline, though.
RPGDX are hosting a week long RPG creation challenge in August, with the theme Alternate History! I’ll almost certainly be taking part in this one; RPGDX compos, like TIGSource compos, are sort of a big deal for me.
Check it out here! Consider taking part 🙂
Phew! I’ve posted a lot of little games lately! These past couple of weeks have been a lot of fun – it’s exactly what I needed after the last few months. I feel re-energised!
It’s been kinda depressing, really: in February and March, I worked on Big Hero, then around the time I moved to Cambridge I worked an exploration game that I appear not to have bothered posting about, then I spent all of May working on a Negative Capability game, and then spent a lot of June on another RPG. One project after another, not working out. Probably serves me right for trying to make two RPGs.
As a result I haven’t finished anything remotely ambitious in ages, and I want to change that. I want to start fresh this month. So today I did something rather dramatic! I took all of the folders in one particular directory on my computer, and moved them into another one. The first folder is called current games. The second is called abandoned games.
Basically, I’ve abandoned all my current projects. I won’t be finishing up any more of the minigames from TIGJam, and probably won’t be coming back to Big Hero or any of that other stuff anytime soon either. I’m moving on to something new!
My new game is something for TIGSource’s Game by its cover challenge, and I haven’t really much to say about it yet except that I’ve chosen that cover above for it. Right now it’s kind of a jumble, but I’ve been working on it for the last few days and I’m hoping to have a clearer idea of where it’s going by this weekend!