This week doesn’t feel like it was quite as productive as last week was, but I did get a lot of work done on the new version of Hexagon. It’s been a surprisingly techy project, this – a big part of the first week was largely spent relearning how to do low level 3D; and this week was largely spent trying to get my head around Stage3D, Adobe’s GPU powered addition to Flash.
Anyway, I’ve made progress: I’m still using my software mode 3D code, but I’m now rendering most of the graphics as 2D polygons with Stage3D, which speeds the whole thing up massively. This game should work on pretty much anything now. Even an iPhone.
This project’s been fun, and educational, but I think I’ll be wrapping it up fairly soon. Now that all the tech stuff is out the way, I can finally focus entirely on the gameplay.